Transform Word Doc to PDF and PDF to Word Doc.

In summary: Kernel for Word to PDF is the best choice if you are looking for software to convert word doc to pdf.
yungman
Hi

I am looking for free software that can transform Word Doc to PDF. Maybe PDF back to Word Doc. Any suggestion on which one is good?

Thanks Alan

Physics news on Phys.org
Most of the recent office software can already convert your doc files to pdf.

Just google it, there are online converters.

http://www.doc2pdf.net/

"Newtonian" is right; most office apps these days can save to PDF. For conversion in the other direction though, I sometimes use PDF2Office, but if your PDF has math in it, it doesn't do a great job of that. If your PDF has math in it, consider InftyReader. It's the only OCR solution I'm aware of, but it's pretty pricey.

I don't quite know what your actual needs are and where your request is coming from; but it so happens that, last night, I was reading on LML (Lightweight Markup Languages)...in other words, maybe you should consider an LML for your "original" document, instead of starting with Word, from where you can generate just about anything.

my 2 cetns

NewtonianAlch said:
Most of the recent office software can already convert your doc files to pdf.

Just google it, there are online converters.

http://www.doc2pdf.net/

Thanks, I downloaded this and it works.

Alan

Creating PDF from Word doc is easy since there are lots of freeware and Microsoft have the ability to save as PDF directly (07,10). Converting PDF back to Word seems more difficult. I've tried some apps and they failed to keep the original formatting. Any ideas?

Kernel for Word to PDF is capable of converting large number of doc files to PDF. It supports conversion of both doc and docx files of MS word. The software also support conversion of Unicode characters of word documents. Using this program one can retrieve texts, tables, images, stored procedures, hyperlinks and indexes from the word files and save in new PDF files. The converted files can be accessed by the user with Adobe acrobat, foxit reader or other PDF reader.

1. How do I transform a Word document to PDF?

To transform a Word document to PDF, you can use a variety of methods including using a PDF conversion software, using the "Save as" function in Microsoft Word, or using an online converter tool. Depending on your specific needs and preferences, each method may have its own advantages and disadvantages.

2. Can I convert a PDF file back to a Word document?

Yes, you can convert a PDF file back to a Word document using a PDF to Word converter tool or software. However, the conversion may not be 100% accurate and may result in some formatting or layout changes.

3. Is there a way to password protect a converted PDF file?

Yes, most PDF conversion software or online tools offer the option to password protect the converted PDF file. This is a useful feature if you want to restrict access to the document or keep it confidential.

4. Are there any limitations or restrictions when converting between Word and PDF?

There may be some limitations or restrictions depending on the software or tool you are using. For example, some online converters may have file size limits or may not support certain file formats. It is important to research and choose a reliable and suitable method for your specific needs.

5. Can I convert multiple Word documents to PDF at once?

Yes, most PDF conversion software or tools allow batch conversion, which means you can convert multiple Word documents to PDF at once. This can save you time and effort, especially if you have a large number of documents to convert.