Solving Matrices in Matlab: T=T04

In summary, The conversation is about solving a system of nonlinear equations symbolically using the D-H convention for a robotic manipulator. The speaker is trying to find a command that will solve for theta1, theta2, theta4, and d3 in terms of given variables. They mention using a for loop and the solve(eqn, var) command to solve the equations and discuss the possibility of using an iterative solution.
Shawnzyoo
I am not sure if this is in the right forum
but i have 2 matrices in Matlab

T =
[ r11, r12, r13, dx]
[ r21, r22, r23, dy]
[ r31, r32, r33, dz]
[ 0, 0, 0, 1]

T04 =
[sin(theta2+theta4+theta1), cos(theta2+theta4+theta1),0, 7*cos(theta1+theta2)+4*cos(theta1)]
[-cos(theta2+theta4+theta1),sin(theta2+theta4+theta1),0, 7*sin(theta1+theta2)+4*sin(theta1)]
[0,0,1,-d3]
[0,0,0,1]

I want to set T=T04 and solve for
theta1, theta2, theta4, and d3 in terms of r11 r12 r13 dx r21 r22 r23 dy r31 r32 r33 dz
is there a command that will do this for me?
thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't understand your notation here. Is that supposed to be a nonlinear system of 16 equations, or something else?

Are you trying to solve them symbolically?

what I am trying to solve is the Inverse Kinematics of a RRP robotic manipulator
what those equations represent is this
T04 is the D-H convention of a robotic manipulator
T is the position vector of a teach pendant

right now i tried using a for loop
to equate the 2 matrices

and then invoked the solve(eqn, var) command to solve for theta1, theta2 .. ect
and it seems to be working correctly

yes i am trying to solve them symbolically
thanks

I need to do something like that too! But I think an iterrative solution is probably the only one that will be realisitic. I don't know if all systems of nonlinear equations can be solved, probably not.

What is Matlab?

Matlab is a high-level programming language and interactive environment commonly used in scientific and engineering fields. It allows users to perform complex numerical computations and create visualizations.

What are matrices in Matlab?

Matrices in Matlab are multidimensional arrays that can store data in a grid format. They are a fundamental tool for performing mathematical operations, such as solving equations and systems of equations.

What is the syntax for solving matrices in Matlab?

The syntax for solving matrices in Matlab is "T=T04". This means that the matrix T is equal to the solution of the equation T04. The equation should be entered in the format of "A\B", where A is the coefficient matrix and B is the constant vector.

What type of problems can be solved using matrices in Matlab?

Matrices in Matlab can be used to solve a wide range of problems, including linear and nonlinear equations, systems of equations, eigenvalue problems, and differential equations. They are also useful for data analysis and visualization.

What are the advantages of using Matlab to solve matrices?

Matlab offers many advantages for solving matrices, such as its powerful built-in functions and tools, its ability to handle large datasets, and its user-friendly interface. Additionally, Matlab allows for easy customization and automation of calculations, making it a valuable tool for scientific research and analysis.