Stop auto-subscription to threads: How to turn it off?

• Thread starter AKG
  • Start date
In summary, to stop auto-subscription to threads, go to your account settings and disable the email notification option. Auto-subscription is a default setting in most forums and can be controlled manually. Turning off auto-subscription will still allow you to see updates on threads you are following, but you will not receive email notifications unless you have manually subscribed. Some platforms may have an option to disable auto-subscription for all threads at once.
AKG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
It seems I'm being automatically subscribed to any threads I post in. This just started happening today, but I believe it's happened before. It also seems to happen when I start threads. Is this a bug, or is it something I can turn off? If I can turn it off, how? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well I found out how to turn off automatic subscriptions, however I never turned it on in the first place, so why did this start happening today?

1. How can I stop auto-subscription to threads?

To turn off auto-subscription to threads, you can go to your account settings and look for the option to manage email notifications. From there, you can disable the setting for auto-subscription to threads.

2. Why am I automatically subscribed to threads?

Auto-subscription to threads is a default setting in many forum or discussion platforms. It is designed to keep you updated on conversations you have participated in or shown interest in.

3. Can I choose which threads to auto-subscribe to?

Yes, you can. In most cases, you have the option to manually subscribe or unsubscribe from specific threads. This allows you to control which discussions you want to receive updates on.

4. Will I still be able to see thread updates if I turn off auto-subscription?

Yes, you will still be able to see updates on threads you have participated in or are following. However, you will not receive email notifications about these updates unless you have manually subscribed to the thread.

5. How can I turn off auto-subscription for all threads at once?

Some forum or discussion platforms may have an option to disable auto-subscription for all threads at once. You can check your account settings or contact the platform's support team for assistance with this.