How Common is Breast Enhancement Among Teen Girls Today?

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Money
In summary: SAT scores, activities, etc?It's funny you bring this up. I work out with a guy who has a 14 year old daughter. He was saying the same exact thing not too long ago.He basically said that if he had known then what he knows now, he wouldn't have made it through school. He was talking about the fashion of the time. He said that girls back then didn't dress like that and that he would have been penalized for it.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
This is a serious query.:grumpy: and arguably dicey content. No, I'm not a pervert, just a man out-of-touch with a generation.

The teenaged and early-20s girls these days don't look like they did when I was a lad. A high percentage of girls these days seem to have extraordinary lucky genes - they all seem to have figures like superstars, specifically, they have narrow waists yet are well-endowed.

It is not uncommon for well-endowed breasts to go hand-in-hand with a proportionate weight, but it is (or at least was) quite rare for a pair of those to be sitting on top of a waist barely thick enough to support them. I know obsessive dieting is a factor, but that would actually reduce the breasts as much as - if not more than - the rest of the body. Either way, the waist and chest are naturally proportional. And yet there are so many disproportionately "stacked" girls these days, I have to assume they're being helped.

So, there are two ways to get enhanced: temporary or permanent.
Temporary = push-up bra
Permanent = surgery
(Is there a 3rd option?)

My question is: for any given a girl of maybe 18 or as young as 15 or so who looks like this, what is the likelihood (say, as a %) that she has had breast enhancement? Just how many teens these days are getting surgery?

Alternately, has the science of push-up bras advanced that much?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
There's definitely a trend. From a 2004 article:

http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn/aid/1861/context/cover/
Last year, 3,841 women 18 or younger underwent breast augmentation, a 24-percent jump from 3,095 in 2002, which represents a 19-percent increase from 2,596 in 2001, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Only 978 girls had the procedure in 1992. (Women between 19 and 34 account for a large segment of those getting implants; 114,005 last year.)

Ok, well it's on the rise, but that's less than 4000 in the entire US in a year, that doesn't add up to much of a likelihood that any given person encountered in a mall is ... "packing".

Which would strongly suggest these are temporary.

I would suspect that fashion that... makes someone look more physically attractive in that way is now far more common as i bet its to that point where its like "meh, being superficial is natural now-a-days".

You forgot water bras and just plain old stuff'n Dave.

Yes, this water bra thing. Is that new? Is that possibly the culprit?

I don't know much about it. It's a few years old. I first heard about it probably 7 to 8 years ago.

I've never heard of it either. I feel this must be researched thoroughly however.

Averagesupernova said:
You forgot water bras and just plain old stuff'n Dave.
Drat! I typed up a reply about those and miracle bras before, and hit submit just as the forum went down for a while. :grumpy: Oh, and don't forget those gel insert things. Push-up bras are pretty puny compared to the miracle bras and water bras.

Evolution at its finest :rofl:

DaveC426913 said:
This is a serious query.
:rofl:
No, I'm not a pervert,
You sure ?

just a man out-of-touch with a generation.

All perverts are...

A high percentage of girls these days seem to have extraordinary lucky genes - they all seem to have figures like superstars, specifically, they have narrow waists yet are well-endowed.

A high percentage ? I don't know where you live but i think you are just very lucky.

Trust me, girls like that are still a minority although there number is rising.

My question is: for any given a girl of maybe 18 or as young as 15 or so who looks like this, what is the likelihood (say, as a %) that she has had breast enhancement? Just how many teens these days are getting surgery?
I think that's is still very small fraction.

marlon

I remember girls wearing Jordache/Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and polo shirts. That is nothing compared to the bare midrift, hoochy-momma outfits girls wear today. Sometimes I wonder if I would have made it through school if girls dressed like that when I was there.

It's funny you bring this up. I work out with a guy who has a 14 year old daughter. He was saying the same exact thing not too long ago.

What exactly would you consider "making it through school"?

Who's with me for uniform in American schools ? A school is not a fashion ramp you know . Let them wear what thay want and do what they like outside school.

Arun

arunbg said:
Who's with me for uniform in American schools ? A school is not a fashion ramp you know . Let them wear what thay want and do what they like outside school.

Arun

yes it is, shut up. let me enjoy it while its not a crime.

Pengwuino said:
What exactly would you consider "making it through school"?
Blood pressure at normal levels.

FredGarvin said:
Blood pressure at normal levels.

So THATS why my doctor was worried...

marlon said:
A high percentage ? I don't know where you live but i think you are just very lucky.

Trust me, girls like that are still a minority although there number is rising.

I think that's is still very small fraction.

marlon
Well, it's sort of the norm, here in Toronto at least.

Maybe I should clarify. I'm not talking outrageously proportioned girls, I'm talking about what should be the top 1% of figures (Britney and Shakira and the like) is now commonplace (i.e. 50%+).

Again, I know that obsessive dieting and exercise can get a tiny waist, and I know that dressing carefully (low-rider jeans and tank tops) can enhance the effect, but the chests are just not right. You should not see large chests on tiny women, except for a very lucky few.

An enhancing bra can only do so much, especially consdering that they also wear very skimpy outfits, meaning there just isn't a lot of leeway* for artifical enhancement of the effect. (*glad I didn't say 'wiggle room').

Yet I would say better than 50% of the teens I see manage to pull this off.

Maybe what I should do is document it. I'll go out and take a bunch of pictures and get back to you.

(and that was the last time DaveC426913 was heard from...)

Dave, natural selection is finally working.

loseyourname said:
Dave, natural selection is finally working.

Or God's gift to me? :biggrin:

its the hormones in the beef

ps. i love california =)

slugcountry said:
ps. i love california =)
Thanks. We love you back. :!)

I hate california

Pengwuino, quit being a negative nancy

arunbg said:

Arun
Why...?

yomamma said:
Pengwuino, quit being a negative nancy

negative nancy? What are you, 80? 12?

shut up nancy

Does yomamma even know what this threads about

Dave, I have to agree. Girls are generally hotter than ever. This has been going on since the eighties when the generation ahead of ours started to notice that girls legs had gotten longer since the 1940's. If you look at the pinup girls from that time, Betty Grable and a little later, Marilyn Monroe, you can see this is true.

As for breasts, I've read several places that it is documented that girls are reaching puberty a lot earlier than they used to. This has been ascribed to hormones in beef, but generally better nutrition has also been cited.

I think there is something to the notion of Natural Selection in this as well. As clothing has become more and more form fitting with the general abandonment of loose dresses and skirts it's a lot more evident what women have more appealing builds to begin with, including more appealing breasts, according to the current fad taste in breasts.

I'm going to guess that men are generally taller than they used to be since this is something that seems to be of universal appeal to women. Since tallness is being selected, and, unlike breasts, is inherited by either sex, it seems to me women 20 and under are noticably taller on average than they used to be.

Despite getting sent to the doghouse for it, I've been doing some research on this (the Fringe Festival going on here in T.O. all week is greatly aiding my research), I am coming to the following conclusions:

1] Girls are maturing much faster these days then they did even a generation ago. Not just physically, but in style. It is not uncommon to see girls as young as (I would guess) 13 or 14, dressing like they were 18 or 20. Now, the 13s and 14s may be a small proportion of the whole, but it is still enough to significantly add to the overall incidence of allurement out there. The fact that they are still young enough that they have these tiny bodies, yet look older is another aspect of the illusion.

2] Girls are very fitness conscious these days. Britney and Shakira et al. have seen to that.

3] Girls have access to- money for- and motivation to get- the latest in underwear that enhances their sexiness.

4] Girls are dressing WAY more sexy than they ever did. Lots of well-tanned skin, low-rider jeans, bare midriffs, clingy styles and teeny tiny skirts.

5] I am a dirty old man.

I am coming to the conclusion that virtually all of what I'm seeing is explained without permanent artifical enhancement. I was able to spot fewer extraordinarily-endowed teens than expected, but I spotted no dearth of normally-endowed-yet brassiere-enhanced teens that were also thin, hard-tummied and sexily-dressed.

So I say it's 49.5% working hard on what you've been given, 49.5% expert window-dressing to create an enhanced illusion, and only 1% actual modification.

(How far can this go? I say within five years we'll see a star come onstage that doesn't show skin, and the trends begin following suit, going back to a more wholesome style, and leaving the sexy girls looking painted up like hookers. Of course, it'll be a battle.)

Last edited:
arunbg said:

Arun

I don't care either way about it.

I don't see why people should wear uniforms just so some kids can feel better about themselves. That's not the purpose of wearing uniforms.

It should be more about discipline and so on. Not about fashion trends like you're speaking of.

Note: Just because you follow trends and dress trendy DOES NOT mean you lack discipline. I'm not trendy, but I don't want people down playing trendy people just because they hate trends. I actually like them because girls have new looks every now and then. I think it's fun.

Last edited:
Uniforms do what they do best, that is to bring uniformity . There is no discrimination of any sort, especially economically .
If not uniforms, then at least a dress code should be in place, especially for teenagers. I certainly wouldn't be able to concentrate on my studies at school sitting beside a scantily clad girl, or a guy who looks like he came to school after a brawl in the streets.You never know what raging hormones can throw at you. The discipline aspect comes only as a by product .

Arun

Yeah, I vote for uniforms. There's certainly nothing distracting or titillating about school girl uniforms! :wink: :biggrin:

http://www.glasshousegraphics.com/banzaigirl/gallery/bg3rioback.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
arunbg said:
Uniforms do what they do best, that is to bring uniformity . There is no discrimination of any sort, especially economically .
If not uniforms, then at least a dress code should be in place, especially for teenagers. I certainly wouldn't be able to concentrate on my studies at school sitting beside a scantily clad girl, or a guy who looks like he came to school after a brawl in the streets.You never know what raging hormones can throw at you. The discipline aspect comes only as a by product .

Arun
Most(if not, all) schools have some form of dress code

Math Is Hard said:
Yeah, I vote for uniforms. There's certainly nothing distracting or titillating about school girl uniforms! :wink: :biggrin:

http://www.glasshousegraphics.com/banzaigirl/gallery/bg3rioback.jpg [Broken]
[/URL]
:rofl:
Guess my argument has been thwarted :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back