Free WYSIWYG Latex Editor for Cofactor & Gauss-Jordan Elimination in Word Format

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter 600burger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, the conversation discusses difficulties with including readable matrices in a word document for a class project. The possibility of using a latex editor that allows for export to jpg/bmp is suggested, as well as the option of using a web-based latex editor that exports as an image. A recommendation is made for Lyx, a latex editor that is user-friendly and offers export options.
600burger
Doing a "project" for a class that is requiring me to do cofactor, gauss-Jordan elimination, Cramer’s by steps in a word possessed format. Having trouble getting readable matrices into the word doc.

Is there a latex editor out there that let's you export to jpg/bmp? That is also totally freeware? Also, I’m not so great at latex yet, so a WYSIWYG type editor would be nice.

Physics news on Phys.org
There's http://www.toolscenter.org/" , though it's not truly a WYSIWYG, but it makes writing Latex a little easier.

I'm actually developing a Latex Editor (web-based). I already bought www.latexlab.org[/URL] (not yet available) and all. It's free and exports as an image. I have a usable demo right now, if you're interested in testing that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look at Lyx.

1. What is a WYSIWYG LaTeX Editor?

A WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) LaTeX Editor is a type of software that allows users to create and edit LaTeX documents in a visual and user-friendly interface. This means that the document appears exactly as it will when printed, making it easy for users to see the final result while they are working on it.

2. Why is a Free WYSIWYG LaTeX Editor beneficial for Cofactor & Gauss-Jordan Elimination?

A Free WYSIWYG LaTeX Editor is beneficial for Cofactor & Gauss-Jordan Elimination because it allows users to easily input and manipulate mathematical equations and symbols, which are crucial components of these mathematical processes. The visual interface also makes it easier for users to spot errors and make corrections, saving time and effort.

3. Can I use this WYSIWYG LaTeX Editor in Microsoft Word format?

Yes, this WYSIWYG LaTeX Editor is available in Word format, making it compatible with Microsoft Word and other popular word processing programs. This allows for seamless integration with existing documents and makes it more accessible for users who are familiar with Word.

4. Is this WYSIWYG LaTeX Editor suitable for beginners?

Yes, this WYSIWYG LaTeX Editor is designed to be user-friendly and is suitable for beginners who are new to LaTeX. The visual interface and easy-to-use tools make it easier for beginners to create and edit documents without prior knowledge of LaTeX coding.

5. Is this WYSIWYG LaTeX Editor free to use?

Yes, this WYSIWYG LaTeX Editor is completely free to use. It is an open-source software, meaning that it is available for anyone to use and modify without any cost. This makes it a great option for those who are looking for a free and efficient way to perform Cofactor & Gauss-Jordan Elimination in a WYSIWYG environment.