TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator | Connect to PC Issue

• Calculators
  • Thread starter razored
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ti-89
In summary, someone at the factory made a mistake and included the wrong cable with the purchase of the TI-89 Titanium graphing calc.
razored
I have recently purchased a TI-89 Titanium graphing calc.. although there were two cables included, none of them are able to connect my calculator to my comp? wth i thought they said they included a "computer usb" cable to connect to PC.. clearly the usb cable included is not able to be fitted into the calculator(meaning the other end). Maybe i cannot find a third port on my calculator? Ionly see 2 on the top

Someone help? Maybe they included wrong cable?

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
First, I believe this should be moved to the "Technology" forum.

Second, to fix your problem. Try and find the cord that connect to the calculator, it is going to have to different types of plug, one that matches the plug on the calculator and one that fits your USB. Then, once you have got that connected, or have bought the correct one, you must download the TI-Connect software from the TI website.

For the record, if you can't figure out how to connect your TI-89, you don't need a TI-89.

back in the day we used serial ports to connect to our TI 89's and we liked it!

Ha ha...serial ports. But technically were still using them. Universal SERIAL Bus= USB

Maybe i should've mentioned it was the ti-89 titanium, not the regular ti-89. Two cables were included, but the mini-usb doesn't fit into the calculator.

the image of the cable is here : http://www.ti89.it/IMG_0410.JPG

i just bought an 89 titanium and i have the same problem you had... two cables are included but neither will connect my calculator to my pc...

probably a packaging mistake on ti's part, did you do anything to resolve the problem?

I don't know how to resolve it... What do we do?

why don't you contact the manufacturer, or something like that...

What is the "Connect to PC" issue with the TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator?

The "Connect to PC" issue with the TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator refers to the difficulty some users experience when trying to connect their calculator to a computer via a USB cable. This connection is necessary for transferring data and installing updates.

Why is it important to resolve the "Connect to PC" issue?

It is important to resolve the "Connect to PC" issue because it allows users to transfer data between their calculator and computer, as well as install updates to improve the calculator's functionality. Without this connection, the calculator may not be able to perform certain tasks or utilize its full capabilities.

What are the common causes of the "Connect to PC" issue?

The most common causes of the "Connect to PC" issue are outdated or missing drivers, faulty USB cables, or incorrect settings on the calculator or computer. It can also be caused by a damaged USB port on the calculator or computer.

How can I troubleshoot the "Connect to PC" issue?

To troubleshoot the "Connect to PC" issue, you can try using a different USB cable, updating the drivers on your computer, checking the calculator's settings, and ensuring that the USB ports are not damaged. You can also consult the calculator's user manual or contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

Is the "Connect to PC" issue specific to the TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator?

No, the "Connect to PC" issue can occur with other TI graphing calculators as well. However, the troubleshooting steps may vary depending on the specific model and its features. It is always best to refer to the user manual or contact the manufacturer for assistance.