Light-Front Holography: Gravitational Form Factors of Hadrons

• Thread starter jal
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Holography
In summary, the researchers found that the light front has no importance in this work and that the relevant part is the AdS/QCD part.
jal
Light-Front Holography
Will this approach generate any interest?
http://arxiv.org/abs/0804.0452
Light-Front Dynamics and AdS/QCD Correspondence: Gravitational Form Factors of Composite Hadrons
Authors: Stanley J. Brodsky, Guy F. de Teramond
(Submitted on 3 Apr 2008)

Physics news on Phys.org
jal said:
Will this approach generate any interest?
Oh yes it does :smile:
They have actually gathered quite some results already if you look at their publications, and by now other people, who were first pointing to inconsistencies in the model, are beginning to advertise there own versions :rolleyes:

It seems that everyone wants to go down in history as the inventor of a NEW expression.
By doing a search of “light-front framework”. I found a lot of papers.
Yuk! … I know so little.
Can you give a laymans explanation.
jal

jal said:
By doing a search of “light-front framework”. I found a lot of papers.
The "light front" is not so important in that case. The relevance of this work is the AdS/QCD part.

edit
Let me make it clear : what is new from the point of view of the authors is the "light front", but the essential of this thing, on which they are working for several years now, nad which is sexy and trendy and needs to be understood first is the AdS/QCD :smile:

jal said:
I'll give it my best try.
Frankly, Stan is not known for the easiness of his litterature. Usually people enjoy attending his talks because he is able to present more than 2 slides per minutes. Heavy slides...

Thanks for your comments and help.
Yes, the slides sent me on a search. heheh

Once again, “If I thought of it someone else has thought of it before me.” is proving to be right.

http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-ph/9612244v2
An Introduction to Light-Front Dynamics for Pedestrians
Authors: A. Harindranath
(Submitted on 4 Dec 1996 (v1), last revised 30 Jul 1998 (this version, v2))
--------
http://arxiv.org/abs/0802.0514
AdS/CFT and Light-Front QCD
Stanley J. Brodsky and Guy F. de T_eramond
04 Feb 2008
-----------
I don't expect the "pros" to be interested in my learning curve so I will be making my progress/links in my blog.
Thanks again
jal

Thank you, for reporting the relevant link you progress with. It is very useful for reference.

My search has taken me to
http://arxiv.org/abs/0804.1368v1
Quark-Gluon Plasma: Present and Future
Authors: Tapan K. Nayak
(Submitted on 8 Apr 2008)
We need to have a good guidance from the lattice calculations with regard to the
location of the critical point. The exact location of the critical point is not known yet.

and

http://arxiv.org/abs/0804.0899v2
Deconfinement and Gluon Plasma Dynamics in Improved Holographic QCD
Authors: U.Gursoy, E.Kiritsis, L. Mazzanti, F.Nitti
(Submitted on 7 Apr 2008 (v1), last revised 8 Apr 2008 (this version, v2))
Moreover, using the zero temperature potential and without adding any extra parameter, we obtain a value for the the critical temperature in very good agreement with the one computed from the lattice.
========
I have no idea if the claim of Holographic QCD is valid.
Could someone comment.

ps. the links are in my blog

1. What is Light-Front Holography?

Light-Front Holography is a theoretical framework that combines the concepts of quantum field theory and string theory to study the structure and dynamics of hadrons, which are composite particles made up of quarks and gluons.

2. How does Light-Front Holography use holography?

Light-Front Holography uses the holographic principle, which states that the information about a three-dimensional system can be encoded on a two-dimensional surface. In this case, the information about the hadron is encoded on the boundary of a five-dimensional space.

3. What are gravitational form factors of hadrons?

Gravitational form factors are mathematical quantities that describe how the distribution of mass and energy is affected by an external gravitational field. In the context of Light-Front Holography, they are used to study the structure of hadrons and their response to gravitational interactions.

4. How does Light-Front Holography contribute to our understanding of hadrons?

Light-Front Holography provides a unique perspective on the internal structure and dynamics of hadrons, which are still not fully understood within the framework of quantum chromodynamics (QCD). It allows for the calculation of various observables, such as form factors, that can be compared to experimental data to test the validity of the theory.

5. What are the potential applications of Light-Front Holography?

Light-Front Holography has the potential to contribute to a better understanding of the strong nuclear force and the behavior of matter at high energies. It may also have implications for other areas of physics, such as cosmology and quantum gravity.