Solve Homework Problem: Mark as [Solved]

• Thread starter Jimmy Snyder
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of a feature being lost on a software upgrade, specifically the ability to mark a thread as solved. The conversation expresses disappointment in this loss but acknowledges the benefits of other new features added during the upgrade.
Jimmy Snyder
I recently started a thread in the homework help section and malawi_glenn solved it for me. However, I can't figure out how to mark it [Solved]. Can something be done about it?

Physics news on Phys.org
That feature was lost on the last software upgrade.

Kurdt said:
Too bad. It's a nice feature. I hope someone finds it.

Kurdt said:

OMG! I see that we lose something every time that upgrading happens:biggrin:

PS Ok , Ok I know that we've also got so many new features by upgrading:smile:

What does "Mark as [Solved]" mean?

"Mark as [Solved]" means that the homework problem has been successfully solved and no further answers or solutions are needed.

How do I mark a homework problem as [Solved]?

To mark a homework problem as [Solved], you can either click on the "Mark as [Solved]" button or simply add the tag [Solved] at the end of your answer.

Why is it important to mark a homework problem as [Solved]?

Marking a homework problem as [Solved] helps other users know that a solution has been found and they do not need to provide additional answers. It also helps keep the platform organized and makes it easier to find solved problems.

Can I mark a homework problem as [Solved] even if I didn't solve it?

No, only the person who solved the problem should mark it as [Solved]. If you have a different solution that you think is better or more efficient, you can provide it in a separate answer.

What if I marked a homework problem as [Solved] by mistake?

If you accidentally marked a homework problem as [Solved], you can click on the "Unmark as [Solved]" button to remove the tag. This will allow other users to continue providing solutions to the problem.