Deciding Between Red Gold & Green Copper Zippers for Photocontest

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a photo contest with the theme of zippers. The person was unsure which photo to submit and asked for suggestions. The options were 'the bunch', 'red gold', and 'green copper'. Turbo recommended going for 'green copper', while someone else preferred 'the bunch'. There was also a discussion about cropping and arranging the pull tabs. The photos were praised for their vibrant colors and mix of textures.

which to submit?

• the Bunch

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Red Gold

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brown Copper

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Andre
So there is this photocontest with the subject zippers, so I thought, what the heck.

But I can't decide which one to submit. The bunch could appeal to people, not so much to me. Red gold is maybe too shiny beads and mirrors type. Maybe green copper is too dull. Any suggestions?

The bunch:

5wles9.jpg

Red gold

307nvxj.jpg

Green copper

mbpt6w.jpg

oh for Andy's factor of ten game, here are life size crops of the last two:

o03yus.jpg

2zg9d87.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Green Copper! Go for it!

Thanks Turbo, I may crop it a bit like this:

5dwi1e.jpg

That's OK, but a bit tight. I like the one in post#1. But that's just me.

I like the pics- nice vibrant colors, good mix of textures.

The 'red gold' and 'green copper' are rather... suggestive. The cropped version emphasizes that, if that's a good thing.

If you can re-do 'the bunch' and more carefully arrange the pull tabs, it would look better, IMO.

Good luck!

What are the differences between red, gold, and green zippers?

Red, gold, and green zippers are all made from different materials and have different finishes. Red zippers are typically made from plastic or polyester and have a shiny, bright red finish. Gold zippers are usually made from metal, such as brass or aluminum, and have a gold-colored coating. Green zippers can be made from a variety of materials, but typically have a matte green finish.

Which color zipper is the most durable?

The durability of a zipper depends on the material it is made from and its construction. Generally, metal zippers tend to be the most durable as they are less likely to break or snag. However, plastic zippers can also be durable if they are made from high-quality materials.

Will the color of the zipper affect the quality of my photo for a contest?

No, the color of the zipper will not affect the quality of your photo for a contest. The color of the zipper will not have any impact on the technical aspects of your photo, such as exposure or focus. However, some photo contests may have specific guidelines or themes that require a certain color of zipper to be used in the photo.

Which color zipper is the most visually appealing?

This is subjective and ultimately depends on personal preference. Some may find the bright and bold red zipper to be eye-catching, while others may prefer the elegance of a gold zipper or the earthy tone of a green zipper. It is important to choose a zipper color that complements your photo and fits the overall aesthetic you are trying to achieve.

What factors should I consider when deciding between red, gold, and green zippers for a photo contest?

When deciding between red, gold, and green zippers for a photo contest, consider the theme or mood of your photo, the color palette of your photo, and your personal preference. You may also want to consider the type of material and durability of the zipper, as well as any potential guidelines or requirements set by the photo contest. Ultimately, choose the color that best fits your vision for the photo and enhances its overall appeal.