Curing a Cold: A Mom's French Fry Remedy

• Medical
  • Thread starter Bipolarity
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cold
In summary: Take a cold medicine with pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 60 mg as the nasal decongestant and triprolidine hydrochloride 2.5 mg as the antihistamine. You won't even know that you have a cold.
Bipolarity
How to cure a cold??

Usually when I have colds, I eat french fries and they seem to go away within a couple of days. Problem is, it only works with the french fries that my mom makes and she is away this weekend and I have exams next week and I can't take them with snot coming out of my nose.

What do to? Shall I ask my mom to cook the fries and send them over by plane or is there medical treatment for this seemingly incurable disease?

Biology news on Phys.org

Bipolarity said:
Usually when I have colds, I eat french fries and they seem to go away within a couple of days. Problem is, it only works with the french fries that my mom makes and she is away this weekend and I have exams next week and I can't take them with snot coming out of my nose.

What do to? Shall I ask my mom to cook the fries and send them over by plane or is there medical treatment for this seemingly incurable disease?

Ask her how she makes them and fry them up yerself. Sounds more like comfort food to me though.

For sore throat, I usually take Zicams. For conjestion, mucinex D is pretty good. It's really powerful though and you would need to be a certain age to get it since it's OTC.

No problem, I have a sure-fire cure.

1. Drink water - a lot of it.

2. Get in bed. Sleep.

3. Repeat 1 and 2 until you feel better.

You'll be fine for exams next week!

I can't take them with snot coming out of my nose.

Genetically malfunctioning people (allergies) have been doing this since the dawn of time almost, harden up.

Take a cold medicine with pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 60 mg as the nasal decongestant and triprolidine hydrochloride 2.5 mg as the antihistamine. You won't even know that you have a cold.

It's not a cure but will suppress cold symptoms.

1. How does the "Mom's French Fry Remedy" actually cure a cold?

The Mom's French Fry Remedy is not a scientifically proven cure for a cold. It is simply a home remedy that some people believe helps alleviate symptoms. It is important to consult a medical professional for proper treatment of a cold.

2. Can the "Mom's French Fry Remedy" be harmful in any way?

The Mom's French Fry Remedy is generally safe for consumption, but it is important to note that it is high in sodium and fat. Consuming excessive amounts of French fries can lead to health issues such as high blood pressure and cholesterol. It is important to consume in moderation.

3. How often should I eat French fries when using the "Mom's French Fry Remedy"?

There is no specific recommendation for how often to consume French fries when using the Mom's French Fry Remedy. It is best to listen to your body and consume in moderation. Eating a balanced and nutritious diet is important for overall health, especially when trying to fight off a cold.

4. Is there any scientific evidence to support the efficacy of the "Mom's French Fry Remedy"?

No, there is currently no scientific evidence to support the effectiveness of the Mom's French Fry Remedy in curing a cold. It is important to rely on medical treatments and advice from a healthcare professional.

5. Can the "Mom's French Fry Remedy" be used to prevent a cold?

There is no evidence to suggest that the Mom's French Fry Remedy can prevent a cold. The best way to prevent a cold is to practice good hygiene, get enough rest, and maintain a healthy diet.