What is the weird world of quantum physics?

• Thread starter Helvete
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Careers
In summary, quantum physics is the study of matter on a molecular, atomic, and sub-atomic level. It describes the properties and interactions of particles and is used to understand phenomena such as atomic nuclei, molecules, and lasers. It is a complex and constantly evolving field that is difficult to fully comprehend.
Helvete
Can anyone tell what exactly quantum physics is? Thanks I really appreciate it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Helvete said:
Can anyone tell what exactly quantum physics is?

Well, nobody can "exactly" tell you what quantum physics is firstly because there's always a degree of "uncertainty" :biggrin: , and secondly nobody really "understand" quantum physics :blushing: ...

Anyway, to put it in simpliest term, quantum physics is the study of matter on a molecular, atomic and sub-atomic level.

Helvete said:
Can anyone tell what exactly quantum physics is? Thanks I really appreciate it.

Quantum is Latin for particle. So Quantum physics or Quantummechanics really is the theory that described the properties of particles and their interactions. We can describe atomic nuclei with QM and also molecules...We can describe lasers and several other subjects of optics with it and this goes on and on and on...

regards
marlon

read my journal for more info and check out this info on the web entry for some nice links. (I think it is on the very first page of the journal and look at the last link. It covers various topics related to physics)

Helvete said:
Can anyone tell what exactly quantum physics is?

It's weird, that's what it is. :yuck:

Thanks I really appreciate it.

No problem. :cool:

What is the purpose of researching possible careers?

The purpose of researching possible careers is to gain a better understanding of the various options available to you and to make an informed decision about your future career path. It allows you to explore different industries, job titles, and requirements, and to determine which career aligns with your interests, skills, and goals.

How do I begin researching possible careers?

To begin researching possible careers, you can start by identifying your interests, strengths, and values. This will help you narrow down your options and focus on industries and job titles that align with your strengths and values. You can then conduct online research, attend career fairs, informational interviews, and job shadowing opportunities to gather more information about specific careers.

What resources can I use for researching possible careers?

There are many resources available for researching possible careers. Some useful resources include career websites, such as Indeed or LinkedIn, which provide job descriptions, salary information, and job outlooks. You can also utilize government websites, such as the Bureau of Labor Statistics, to gather data on different occupations. Additionally, career centers at universities or local libraries may offer career assessments, workshops, and counseling services.

What factors should I consider when researching possible careers?

When researching possible careers, it is important to consider factors such as job duties, required education and experience, salary and benefits, work environment, growth opportunities, and job outlook. You should also consider your personal interests, values, and skills to ensure that the career aligns with your goals and priorities.

How can I use the information I gather from researching possible careers?

The information gathered from researching possible careers can help you make an informed decision about your future career path. It can also assist you in creating a career plan and setting achievable goals. Additionally, the information can help you prepare for job interviews and determine the necessary steps to enter your desired career field.