Is There a Tennessee Version of Mountain Dew?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a guy who only drinks Mountain Dew, but apparently there is a soda called Sundrop in Tennessee that is similar to it. The speaker asks if anyone knows about this drink and if they could send a case to him. They mention that Sundrop can be ordered online and that they used to drink it as a kid. The speaker plans on buying it for themselves and possibly teasing the guy they work with about it. They also mention a recent incident involving a stray dog.
tribdog
The guy I work with only drinks Mountain Dew, but it's not his favorite drink. He comes from Tennessee and apparently there is some soda there that is a lot like Mountain Dew. It might have Sun in the name but I'm not sure. Anyone know the drink I'm talking about, and is it for sale where you are? If it is would you be willing to send me a case. I'll send you the money first, enough to cover drinks, shipping, plus an extra 20 for your trouble.

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea Sundrop was still around. I used to drink that when I was a kid (I grew up not too far from TN state line). Sundrop was really popular - so was RC Cola and Big Red soda.

I'm going to get some sheerly for the purpose of torture.
the guy I work with once called this drink "Nectar of the Gods"

So you aren't planning on being nice and buying him a case, you are planning on buying it for yourself so you can sit there drinking it in front of him, aren't you? That's so mean! No wonder I like you. :devil:

lol, you don't even ask if that's what I'm going to do. Pure statement of fact about what I'm going to do. We do think alike. I'm going to take a drink, then toss the 98%full bottle away.

tribdog said:
lol, you don't even ask if that's what I'm going to do. Pure statement of fact about what I'm going to do. We do think alike. I'm going to take a drink, then toss the 98%full bottle away.

:rofl: You never know, you might like it and finish the bottle. But if it's anything like Mountain Dew...:yuck: Is he the one who laughed when the stray dog jumped up on your leg last week?

tribdog said:
rofl, that sounds awesome.

What is the history of Mountain Dew in Tennessee?

The original formula for Mountain Dew was created by two Tennessee beverage bottlers in the 1940s. It was first marketed as a mixer for whiskey, but eventually became a popular soft drink on its own.

Why is Mountain Dew often associated with Tennessee?

Mountain Dew is often associated with Tennessee because it was originally created and first marketed in the state. Additionally, the brand has strong ties to the Southern United States and is often associated with Southern culture and cuisine.

What is the connection between Mountain Dew and the Great Smoky Mountains?

The Great Smoky Mountains are often referred to as the "birthplace of Mountain Dew" because the beverage was originally created and first marketed in the region. The name "Mountain Dew" is also a nod to the mountainous landscape of the area.

Why is Mountain Dew a popular drink in Tennessee?

Mountain Dew is a popular drink in Tennessee because of its strong ties to the state and its history. It is also a popular choice for outdoor activities and is often associated with Southern cuisine, both of which are popular in Tennessee.

Is Mountain Dew made differently in Tennessee compared to other states?

No, Mountain Dew is made using the same recipe and ingredients in all states. However, it is often distributed and marketed differently in Tennessee due to its strong association with the state.