? on where to get a tv schematic

• Thread starter slee95
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Schematic
In summary: I'm sure someone would have been able to help me out.In summary, if you are trying to fix a TV you will need a schematic for THAT TV. Good schematics are not generally available and you will need to purchase a repair manual for each model of TV if you want one.
slee95
I need to a scmatic on a tv where the best place to go for free.

Engineering news on Phys.org
You're going to have to be WAY more specific if you hope to get any useful feedback.

slee95 said:
I need to a scmatic on a tv where the best place to go for free.

Hi slee95. http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/5412/thgooglefriend1.gif [Broken] https://www.google.com.au/search?q=tv+schematic

Last edited by a moderator:
Every model of TV will need a different schematic. If you are trying to fix a TV you will need a schematic for THAT TV. Good schematics are not generally available. Your local repair shops have to buy the repair manual for each model of TV, they are not cheap.

Ok i know electronics a little bit its a Polaroid i for got the model number i think its a 32 in i have it at vo tech right now I'm a second year in electronics at vo tech.

found it model is
TDA-03211C, LCD TV

I have managed to fix a couple of flat panels with simple visual inspection. If you see any bulged caps, replace them.

got to caps I'm going to replace they were $2,86 a piece and somethings funky withe the the power transistor is seems to be shorted when testing it with a multimeter and one of the caps seems two be shorted and one of the caps is blown.

NascentOxygen said:
Hi slee95. http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/5412/thgooglefriend1.gif [Broken] https://www.google.com.au/search?q=tv+schematic

I kind of worry about the copyright status of some of the service schematics listed in that Google search, but I'm not going to dig into it much at the moment.

I've always used the SAM's Photofacts repair packets for the TVs I've repaired. I don't remember how much they cost me (that was back 20 years ago or so), but it wasn't too bad IIRC:

https://www.samswebsite.com/photofacts.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Integral said:
Every model of TV will need a different schematic. If you are trying to fix a TV you will need a schematic for THAT TV. Good schematics are not generally available. Your local repair shops have to buy the repair manual for each model of TV, they are not cheap.

Yeah. Gone are the days when they used to include a schematic along with the owner's manual.:grumpy:

Janus said:
Yeah. Gone are the days when they used to include a schematic along with the owner's manual.:grumpy:

Now I thought I was getting pretty old in comparison to how electronics has changed over the years but I don't think I've ever heard of a schematic coming with an owners manual. I have worked on TVs that had a block diagram inside the back cover even listing major semiconductors like the HOT and various ICs but never a full blown schematic. That was something I had to borrow or purchase.

Averagesupernova said:
Now I thought I was getting pretty old in comparison to how electronics has changed over the years but I don't think I've ever heard of a schematic coming with an owners manual. I have worked on TVs that had a block diagram inside the back cover even listing major semiconductors like the HOT and various ICs but never a full blown schematic. That was something I had to borrow or purchase.

When I got married (29 yrs ago) my wife had a SONY TV that she'd had for a couple of years. It came with a complete fold-out schematic for the set. I was able to repair the set from that schematic when it quit a few years later. (The initial failure was a blown resister, but because of the way the power supply was designed, this set off a cascade of other components to fail.)

Averagesupernova said:
The bold I added explains it. You're just young. Think tubes. :biggrin:

o-11s.jpg

That's for a crt tv isn't it?

slee95 said:
That's for a crt tv isn't it?

Yes, but do you know what all those round components are...? :biggrin:

berkeman said:

Actually, I believe that it's an 0-scope.

Janus said:

Oopsies, good point. Guess I should do more than just skim... :tongue2:

There's a few different round ones on there which one do you mean?

berkeman said:

Janus said:

berkeman said:
Oopsies, good point. Guess I should do more than just skim... :tongue2:

Yes it's an Oscilloscope kit by Heathkit. I still have the one that I made and used years ago.

o-11.jpg

If I had posted a Television schematic with those round components, it would have covered the screen. That would have been infraction worthy. o:)

Will i think i figured out what's wrong with the tv power supply a transistor went bad causing a few components to short like the two caps 1 cap blew and the other one seems fine but i might replace it because i have the caps :) This is the transistor i need file:///D:/FQPF9N50CF%20Fairchild%20Semiconductor%20%20Mouser.htm i don't want to buy online because its not as safe and takes a long time to receive the part. :( were can i by it in upper Pa?

well that url sucked :( coppy and paste this
Mouser Part #: 512-FQPF9N50CF
Manufacturer Part #:
FQPF9N50CF
Manufacturer:
Fairchild Semiconductor
Description: MOSFET N-CH/500V/9A/ QFET C-Series
Then go to google and paste it this is the transistor i need

Pony up $20 and get the service manual.

1. Where can I find a TV schematic?

TV schematics can typically be found online on websites such as ElectronicServiceManuals.com or on the manufacturer's website. You can also try contacting the manufacturer directly to request a schematic.

2. How do I read a TV schematic?

Reading a TV schematic can be challenging, as it involves understanding symbols and diagrams. It is recommended to have a basic understanding of electronics and circuits before attempting to read a TV schematic. There are also online tutorials and guides available to help with understanding schematics.

3. Why would I need a TV schematic?

A TV schematic is useful for troubleshooting and repairing a TV. It provides a detailed diagram of the electronic components and their connections, which can help identify and fix any issues with the TV.

4. Can I get a TV schematic for free?

There are some websites that offer free TV schematics, but they may not always be reliable or up-to-date. It is recommended to purchase a schematic from a reputable source or contact the manufacturer for an official schematic.

5. Are TV schematics the same for all models?

No, TV schematics can vary depending on the model and manufacturer. It is important to ensure that you have the correct schematic for your specific TV model to avoid any potential issues during repair.