PF Member Photo Thread Archive

In summary: Some members also made jokes and teased each other. The conversation ended with one member finally sharing his photo and asking the others to go easy on the photoshopping.
  • #3,501
Boom

Attachments

• Kev at 15K.jpg
    Kev at 15K.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 517
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,503
Hi Guys!

I'm sure you can find my picture somewhere in this mess, but I just decided to come back and post more as my chances of going to college are actually becoming reality.

So... here's a recent one of me. Sorry it sucks, I took it with my phone the other night before leaving. I wear glasses, too, they're just not in the picture because I couldn't find them. Stupid things are always getting lost.

So... I guess this is a re-welcome for me! :)

Attachments

• 1221081709.jpg
    1221081709.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 809
  • #3,504
SimplySolitary_ said:
Hi Guys!

I'm sure you can find my picture somewhere in this mess, but I just decided to come back and post more as my chances of going to college are actually becoming reality.

Great!
So... here's a recent one of me. Sorry it sucks, I took it with my phone the other night before leaving. I wear glasses, too, they're just not in the picture because I couldn't find them. Stupid things are always getting lost.

I don't know about you, but when I lose my glasses, I need my glasses to find my glasses.

• #3,505
Glad to hear about your college prospects. Very good luck with it. :smile:

I think your pic is charming and doesn't suck at all.

• #3,506
Must... resist... urge... to get warning!

• #3,507
SimplySolitary_ said:
Hi Guys!

So... I guess this is a re-welcome for me! :)

You look exactly like that woman from x-men.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000463/

http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/9/6/6/7/18137669-18137670-medium.jpg [Broken]

attachment.php?attachmentid=16948&d=1230185316.jpg

The nose and eyes are different. But the hair and forehead are the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #3,508
SimplySolitary_ said:
That's great SimplySolitary_. Go for it!
Nice picture - you look mahvelous (to quote Billy Crystal as Fernando). I started wearing reading glasses about three years ago. Fortunately I have several pair which I keep in strategic locations - e.g. by the computer, or stack of books.

• #3,509
Caught in action today, preparing dinner for the second day of Christmas family party (Gourmet). Girl in the background is child-of-Andre. No BF yet.

2eukgop.jpg

• #3,510
You're the mirror image of your avatar! :biggrin: It looks like you were having a good time.

• #3,511
Andre said:
Caught in action today, preparing dinner for the second day of Christmas family party (Gourmet). Girl in the background is child-of-Andre. No BF yet.
Nice picture. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and the family.

• #3,512
Excellent observation, Monique and thanks Astronuc, best wishes to you and your family too.

• #3,513
SimplySolitary_ said:
... but I just decided to come back and post more as my chances of going to college are actually becoming reality.

Sooo, any chance of you going to college in SE Michigan? :shy:

• #3,514
Looks lovely Andre, happy holidays.

• #3,515
Andre said:

2eukgop.jpg

I ask for your daughters hand.....if I get to fly around in the F-16! :devil:

What'cha frying up there grill master?

• #3,516
Mmm! Looks like summer squash, mushrooms and pork tenderloin (just guessing on the meat.) Good eats, in any case, I'll bet, Pooh Bear.

• #3,517
Andre said:

Oo so you have a second day of Christmas partying. I have one.

Looks like fun.

• #3,518
In Poland we met for the first time on Christmas Eve (that's when you exchange your presents), then there are first day of Christmas and second day of Christmas. Both Christmas days are national holidays (but not Christmas Eve).

• #3,519
Guess which one is me and where I live!

Thank you all for your great company!

Attachments

• MarsFace2.gif
    MarsFace2.gif
    97.7 KB · Views: 413
  • Baywax1.jpg
    Baywax1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 591
  • hikingtrails.jpg
    hikingtrails.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 401
  • #3,520
Recent trip to Alaska (cuz I'm true Ameerican). The trees get a wee bit shorter in the mountains.

Attachments

• King of the Forest 300k.jpg
    King of the Forest 300k.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 661
  • #3,521
baywax said:

Say, did you ever moonlight as a model? :wink:

portrait01.jpg

• #3,522
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6272/liddywb5.png [Broken]http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bhU50B7dg6xu/340x.jpg [Broken]

G-Gordon Liddy!

• #3,523
Cyrus said:
G-Gordon Liddy!

You forgot the eyebrows...

• #3,524
Cyrus said:
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6272/liddywb5.png [Broken]
[Reported by Diggers as Possibly Inaccurate] :tongue2:

• #3,525
DaveC426913 said:
Say, did you ever moonlight as a model? :wink:

Naw... all bald guys look the same... sort of like hairy people!

I've stunt-doubled for another bald dude named Bruce. Not Gordon Liddy, that would be a risky Secret Service position.:bugeye:

Last edited:
  • #3,527
drankin said:
Recent trip to Alaska (cuz I'm true Ameerican). The trees get a wee bit shorter in the mountains.
Nice picture, drankin.

baywax said:

Thank you all for your great company!
I think we can safely exclude Mars from the choices. Nice pic, baywax, and nice neighborhood.

Reshma said:
Nice pics, Reshma.

• #3,528
Drankin, Alaska eh? The kids were wondering what happened to rudolph!?

Here's a less formal one of me at one of my "jobs".

Attachments

• King+Queen.jpg
    King+Queen.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 642
  • waxon.jpg
    waxon.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 582
  • #3,529
Reshma said:
Nice pics everyone!

Some funny snaps of mine :biggrin:

Very good pictures of you Reshma.

If anyone is modeling it should be you!
:tongue2:

by the way are you on the set of "Alien" there or
is that a tropical plant I don't get to see very often?

• #3,530
Astronuc said:
Nice picture, drankin.

I think we can safely exclude Mars from the choices. Nice pic, baywax, and nice neighborhood.

Nice pics, Reshma.
Thanks, Astronuc and Happy New Year to You and the Family!

baywax said:
Very good pictures of you Reshma.
Thank you, Baywax!

If anyone is modeling it should be you!
:tongue2:

Maybe for a toothpaste/toothbrush ad :biggrin:

by the way are you on the set of "Alien" there or
is that a tropical plant I don't get to see very often?

Yes it is a plantain (banana) plant with very huge leaves :smile:

Happy New year to You too!

• #3,531
Since I've been in this forum for a while... I might as well post my pic so that my friends actually knows it's me...

153rwjd.jpg

• #3,532
baywax said:
Naw... all bald guys look the same... sort of like hairy people!
Eh. It was just an opp to show off one of my sketches. :blushing:

• #3,533
DaveC426913 said:
Eh. It was just an opp to show off one of my sketches. :blushing:

Very cool touch with the pencil Dave.

You are innately using a technique where the line fades in and out
in intensity to show stresses and to show compound curvatures of
an object (or a very round head!)

If you want, try eliciting the same effect by being aware of the pressure
you're using with the pencil. Pressing harder will give you a surface that
is closer and lightning up will give you a more distant and curving way
surface. That's very good though.
Cross-hatching is a delightful way to shade an area. Check out Albrecht Durur's
use of it in his etchings and drawings. You could be the next Durur dude! Just
ask Andre about that guy. Totally cool... no use of the camera obscura... the guy
was fantastic with drawing. Vermeer on the other hand, had help with the
camera obscura.

Here's one I whipped up while I was typing a response...:rofl:

Attachments

• monabaywax.jpg
    monabaywax.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 373
  • #3,534
baywax said:
Very cool touch with the pencil Dave.

You are innately using a technique where the line fades in and out
in intensity to show stresses and to show compound curvatures of
an object (or a very round head!)

If you want, try eliciting the same effect by being aware of the pressure
you're using with the pencil. Pressing harder will give you a surface that
is closer and lightning up will give you a more distant and curving way
surface. That's very good though.
Cross-hatching is a delightful way to shade an area. Check out Albrecht Durur's
use of it in his etchings and drawings. You could be the next Durur dude! Just
ask Andre about that guy. Totally cool... no use of the camera obscura... the guy
was fantastic with drawing. Vermeer on the other hand, had help with the
camera obscura.

Here's one I whipped up while I was typing a response...:rofl:

God damn you're one ugly woman.

• #3,535
Looking down over Makarska in Croatia.

http://picasaweb.google.com/tadhgmeister/CroatiaSeptember2006?feat=directlink [Broken]

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?</h2><p>The PF Member Photo Thread Archive is a collection of photos submitted by members of the Physics Forums community. It serves as a way for members to share their personal photos and get to know each other better.</p><h2>2. How can I submit my photos to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?</h2><p>To submit your photos to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive, you can simply post them in the designated thread on the Physics Forums website. Make sure to follow the guidelines and rules set by the moderators.</p><h2>3. Are there any restrictions on the types of photos that can be submitted?</h2><p>Yes, there are some restrictions on the types of photos that can be submitted to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive. Photos must be appropriate for all ages and should not contain any offensive or inappropriate content.</p><h2>4. Can I use photos from the PF Member Photo Thread Archive for my own personal use?</h2><p>No, the photos in the PF Member Photo Thread Archive are the property of the members who submitted them. You may not use them for any personal or commercial purposes without the permission of the original owner.</p><h2>5. Is there a limit to the number of photos I can submit to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?</h2><p>There is no specific limit on the number of photos you can submit, but please be considerate and avoid spamming the thread with multiple photos. Quality over quantity is appreciated.</p>

1. What is the purpose of the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?

The PF Member Photo Thread Archive is a collection of photos submitted by members of the Physics Forums community. It serves as a way for members to share their personal photos and get to know each other better.

2. How can I submit my photos to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?

To submit your photos to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive, you can simply post them in the designated thread on the Physics Forums website. Make sure to follow the guidelines and rules set by the moderators.

3. Are there any restrictions on the types of photos that can be submitted?

Yes, there are some restrictions on the types of photos that can be submitted to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive. Photos must be appropriate for all ages and should not contain any offensive or inappropriate content.

4. Can I use photos from the PF Member Photo Thread Archive for my own personal use?

No, the photos in the PF Member Photo Thread Archive are the property of the members who submitted them. You may not use them for any personal or commercial purposes without the permission of the original owner.

5. Is there a limit to the number of photos I can submit to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?

There is no specific limit on the number of photos you can submit, but please be considerate and avoid spamming the thread with multiple photos. Quality over quantity is appreciated.