Where would you buy carbon nanotubes?

In summary, the conversation discusses the potential use of carbon nano tubes in a project and the availability of suppliers for these tubes. The speaker expresses caution and concern about the dangers associated with handling these tubes and mentions a company that has banned their use in research. Another company is mentioned as a potential supplier for the tubes.
lostminty
Wouldn't have to be long ones. Cheap and cheerful amounts.

A google search brought up one called cheaptubes.com, anyone had experience with them?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Nasty little beasties, those things. Must be handled with great care, else the result is the unleashing of Satan's private little version of asbestosis-from-Hell. My previous company banned them from any research because of how dangerous they are. But they do present some interesting properties. If you can survive the discovery process, Madame Curie.

I was working with this company to get some until I was told about the prohibition policy:

http://hyperioncatalysis.com/

1. Where can I purchase carbon nanotubes?

Carbon nanotubes can be purchased from various suppliers, including chemical companies, online retailers, and specialized nanotechnology companies. It is important to research the supplier's reputation and product quality before making a purchase.

2. How much do carbon nanotubes cost?

The cost of carbon nanotubes can vary depending on the supplier, quantity, and quality. Generally, they can range from a few hundred to several thousand dollars per gram. Bulk purchases may be more cost-effective, but it is important to consider the specific needs of your research before buying in large quantities.

3. Are there any safety considerations when buying carbon nanotubes?

Yes, carbon nanotubes are considered a hazardous material and special precautions must be taken when handling and storing them. It is important to follow all safety guidelines and protocols, and to only purchase from reputable suppliers who provide proper safety information and handling instructions.

4. Can I buy specialized or customized carbon nanotubes?

Yes, some suppliers offer customized carbon nanotubes to fit specific research needs. This may include variations in size, shape, or functionalization. However, these specialized products may come at a higher cost and may require a longer lead time for production.

5. Can I buy carbon nanotubes in large quantities?

Yes, many suppliers offer bulk purchases of carbon nanotubes. However, it is important to consider the storage and handling requirements for large quantities of this hazardous material. It is also important to keep in mind that bulk purchases may require a longer lead time for production and delivery.