LaTeX: Help with \ell Code & Command List

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter BiGyElLoWhAt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Code Latex
In summary, LaTeX is a typesetting language commonly used in math, science, and engineering to create professional-looking documents. The \ell code is used to insert the lowercase cursive letter "ell" in math mode, often used to represent line segments or vectors. To use it, simply type "\ell" in math mode. The appearance of the \ell symbol can be changed using the \mathcal command. There are many online resources for finding other useful LaTeX codes and commands, such as the LaTeX Wikibook and the LaTeX Cheat Sheet.
BiGyElLoWhAt
Gold Member
What is the capital equivalence of \ell (##\ell##)

Also where can I find a list of such commands?

Physics news on Phys.org
You might want to try the LaTeX, \mathcal L to make

[tex] \mathcal L [/tex]

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=617567

The code,
Code:
[itex]\mathbb L [/itex] 
[itex]\mathcal L[/itex]
[itex]\mathfrak L[/itex]
[itex]\mathsf L[/itex]
[itex]\mathrm L[/itex]
[itex]\mathbf L[/itex]
[itex]\mathtt L[/itex]

gives

[itex]\mathbb L, \mathcal L, \mathfrak L, \mathsf L, \mathrm L, \mathbf L,[/itex] and [itex]\mathtt L[/itex] respectively.

What is LaTeX?

LaTeX is a typesetting language used for creating professional-looking documents, particularly in the fields of math, science, and engineering.

What is the \ell code used for in LaTeX?

The \ell code is used to insert the lowercase cursive letter "ell" in math mode. It is commonly used to represent the length of a line segment or the length of a vector.

How do I use the \ell code in my document?

To use the \ell code, simply type "\ell" in math mode. This will insert the lowercase cursive letter "ell" into your document.

Can I change the appearance of the \ell symbol in LaTeX?

Yes, you can change the appearance of the \ell symbol by using the \mathcal command. For example, typing "\mathcal{\ell}" will produce a bold and more decorative version of the symbol.

Is there a list of other useful LaTeX codes and commands?

Yes, there are many resources available online that provide comprehensive lists of LaTeX codes and commands. Some popular ones include the LaTeX Wikibook and the LaTeX Cheat Sheet.