Understanding Lens and Mirror Equations: Focal Length, Object and Image Distance

• Thread starter indiansfan4life
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lab
In summary, the focal length of the concave mirror in the first conversation was 5 cm and the real image of the light bulb was found 4 cm in front of the mirror. In the second conversation, the focal length of the double convex lens was 2.4 cm and the real image of the light bulb was found 7.5 cm on the other side of the lens. As the object (light bulb) was moved towards the mirror or lens, the location of the image decreased and the size of the image also decreased.
indiansfan4life
A) A student places a light bulb 30 cm in front of a concave mirror. A real image of the bulb is found 6 cm in front of the mirror. What is the focal length of the mirror?

my answer was 5 cm

Given
-----
do=30cm
di=6cm
f=?

f=dodi/do+di

f=30*6/30+6

=5

B) If a light bulb is place 12 cm in front of a concave mirror with a focal length of 3 cm. How far in front of the mirror will the real image of the light bulb be found?

my answer was 4 cm

Given
-----
do=12cm
f=3cm
di=?

di=dof/do-f

di=12cm*3cm/12cm-3cm

=4

H) How did the location of the image change as you moved the object (light bulb) toward a mirror?

increased

I) how did the size of the image change as you moved the object toward the mirror?

increased in size

-----------------------------

A) A student places a light bulb 12 cm in front of a double convex lens. A real image of the bulb is found 3 cm on the other side of the lens. What is the focal length of the lens?

my answer was 2.4 cm

Given
-----
do=12cm
di=3cm
f=?

f=dodi/do+di

f=12*3/12+3

=2.4

B) A light bulb is place 30 cm in front of a double convex lens with a focal length of 6 cm. How far on the other side of the lens will the real image of the light bulb be found?

my answer was 7.5 cm

Given
-----
do=30cm
f=6cm
di=?

di=dodf/do-f

di=30*6/30-6

=7.5

H) How did the location of an image change as you moved the object (light bulb) toward a lens?

decreased

I) How did the size of the image change as you moved the object toward the lens?

it also decreased in size

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
bump, please I need this checked

please help me out and check

Last bump for the night, hopefully someone helps

ill bump for u

Thanks, hopefully someone sees this.

1. Can someone check my lab for errors?

Yes, it is always a good idea to have someone else review your lab for any mistakes or inaccuracies. This can help ensure the accuracy and validity of your results.

2. Will someone be able to understand my lab?

If you follow proper scientific writing and formatting guidelines, your lab should be easy for others to understand. However, it is always helpful to have someone from a different background or expertise review your lab to ensure clarity for a wider audience.

3. Is it necessary to have someone check my lab?

While it is not always required, having someone check your lab can greatly improve the quality and accuracy of your research. It also allows for a fresh perspective and potential suggestions for improvement.

4. How do I find someone to check my lab?

You can ask a colleague, mentor, or supervisor to review your lab. You can also seek help from a professional editor or proofreader who specializes in scientific writing.

5. What should I do if someone finds mistakes in my lab?

If someone finds mistakes in your lab, it is important to address them and make necessary revisions. This will help ensure the validity and credibility of your research. It is also important to be open to constructive criticism and use it as an opportunity to improve your work.