Help with Bunk Police Report/Two Part Collision

• Thread starter jmontgom
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Collision
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with finding the initial velocity of a Saturn in a two-particle collision scenario. The person mentions using equations to solve for the velocity, but is having trouble with the units not matching up. They are seeking help and have provided some known variables and equations they have tried.
jmontgom
Its been a while since Iv done basic Motion intro physics, or any for that matter :) I tried to solve for initial velocity of Saturn (below). However, The units and answer are not jiving. Please Help. I want to step through the equation.

Okay, Hwy Patrol made several mistakes per Accident Report. I have been working up a model for a two particle collision that evolved my 2003 Maxima 3,242 lbs (1,470.55 kg) and a 2001 Saturn SLI Curb Weight, 2, 332 lbs (1,057.78 kg) a month ago. The Sat Left a 10ft skid, KF Coefficient = .80 rubber on rd, on a pos 21 degree slope, After initial contact then deflecting at a 30 degree angle prior to skidding.

Known.

VoM = 25mph 11.17 m/s , VxM = 0mph, ωM = 1, 470.55 kg
VoS = ? , VxS = 0 mph , ωS = 1, 057.78 kg
θhill = 21°, θrS ≈ 30° (deflection Angle)
µS = .80 dS = 11.58 m (from contact to axS ≈ 0)
tSo = 0 tSf = ?

ax =Fxnet/m
ay =Fynet/m = 0
ω = m.gf
Fk= µk.N
Fs= µs.N
V² = Vo² + 2.a.d Equation 6
N= m.gf(Cosθ) (I think)

I ended up deriving axS as Equation 9
to figure out what the saturns speed
was if there were no initial contact.
I have also subtracted m2-m1 and still havnt found
what I am solving for... Vinital of Saturn.
Please help, need refresher.
Thanks in advance.

Misfit

axS = 1/m(|-Fk| - wSinθ)
= 1/m(µk.m.gf.Cosθ - m.gf.Sinθ) Equation 9
Then inserting Equation 9 into Eq 6

VoS(initial) = √(-2*(µk.m.gf.Cosθ - m.gf.Sinθ)*d)
-----------------------------------
m

Also have tried

v1 = m1(Voy)/(m1-m2)Sinθ

Physics news on Phys.org
VoS(initial) = m1(Voy)/(m1-m2)Sinθ + √(-2*(µk.m.gf.Cosθ - m.gf.Sinθ)*d) --------------------------------------------------- m1-m2The units aren't jiving for me. Can someone help?

+ m1(Vox)/(m1-m2)Cosθ

I would suggest starting by organizing and labeling all of the given information and known variables. This will help you keep track of what you are solving for and make it easier to follow the steps in your equation.

Next, I would suggest breaking down the problem into smaller parts and tackling them one at a time. For example, you could start by solving for the initial velocity of the Saturn before the collision, assuming there was no initial contact. This will give you a baseline to work with.

Then, you can move on to solving for the initial velocity of the Saturn after the collision, taking into account the deflection angle and the coefficient of friction.

I would also recommend double-checking your equations and making sure you are using the correct units for each variable. This can often be a source of error in physics problems.

If you are still having trouble, I would suggest seeking out additional resources such as textbooks or online tutorials to refresh your understanding of basic motion and collision equations. And don't be afraid to ask for help from a physics teacher or tutor. Good luck!

1. What is a Bunk Police Report?

A Bunk Police Report is a document used to report any safety or security issues at a music festival or other event. These reports are typically submitted to the Bunk Police, a harm reduction organization that provides drug checking and safety resources at festivals.

2. How do I file a Bunk Police Report?

To file a Bunk Police Report, you can visit their website and fill out their online form. You will need to provide details about the incident, including the date, time, location, and any other relevant information.

3. What is a Two Part Collision?

A Two Part Collision is a type of safety incident at a music festival where two individuals collide with each other and both parties are injured. This can occur due to overcrowding, intoxication, or other factors.

4. What should I do if I witness a Two Part Collision?

If you witness a Two Part Collision, the first step is to call for medical assistance. If possible, try to create a barrier around the individuals to prevent further collisions. You can also assist by providing basic first aid until medical professionals arrive.

5. How can I prevent a Two Part Collision?

To prevent a Two Part Collision, it is important to be aware of your surroundings and practice responsible behavior, such as not pushing or shoving in crowded areas. It is also helpful to look out for others and speak up if you see someone who may be in danger.