Electrical conductivity metals chart

In summary, the person is looking for a metal with 150% the conductivity of stainless steel grade 384 and is having trouble finding reliable charts to compare conductivities. They later found out the discrepancies in the charts and resolved the issue.
yoamocuy
Hello, I'm trying to find a metal that has a conductivity that's about 150% that of stainless steel grade 384. I've been looking for some charts that compare conductivities of metals but all the charts I find seem to have a few discrepancies. Could someone give me a link to a reliable chart that compares conductivities?

Engineering news on Phys.org
yoamocuy said:
Hello, I'm trying to find a metal that has a conductivity that's about 150% that of stainless steel grade 384. I've been looking for some charts that compare conductivities of metals but all the charts I find seem to have a few discrepancies. Could someone give me a link to a reliable chart that compares conductivities?

What charts do you see discrepancies in? What kind of discrepancies?

Nvm, I figured out what's going on in the different charts. Everything's good now.

1. What is electrical conductivity?

Electrical conductivity is a measure of how well a material allows electricity to flow through it. It is the inverse of electrical resistivity, which is a measure of how much a material impedes the flow of electricity.

2. How is electrical conductivity measured?

Electrical conductivity is typically measured in siemens per meter (S/m) or mhos per meter (mho/m). This is done by passing a known current through a material and measuring the resulting voltage.

3. Which metals have the highest electrical conductivity?

Silver, copper, and gold are the three most conductive metals, with silver being the most conductive overall. Other highly conductive metals include aluminum, iron, and nickel.

4. Why are some metals more conductive than others?

The electrical conductivity of a metal is determined by its atomic structure and the presence of free electrons. Metals with more loosely bound electrons will have higher conductivity, as the electrons are able to move more freely and carry electrical charge.

5. How does temperature affect electrical conductivity in metals?

Generally, as temperature increases, the electrical conductivity of a metal decreases. This is due to an increase in the number of collisions between electrons, which hinders their movement and reduces conductivity. However, some materials, such as semiconductors, may have increased conductivity at higher temperatures due to the release of more free electrons.