Naming Hot Pepper Sauces - Get a Free Sample!

• Thread starter rhody
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hot
In summary, Rhody wants to name 7 hot sauces, 2 mild, 2 medium, 1 hot, and one extremely hot. He wants names that the unscientific general public might be aware of, most likely not. He wants names that reflect the intensities, mild, medium, hot, extremely hot in physics terms, one to three words, maybe four tops. He is looking for feedback on a sauce he named, Rhody's 16 M Hot Sauce.

CaptFirePanda said:
I like the misspeliing of hadrons the best!
I do too! :redface:

Almost as much as I like the misspelling of 'misspelling'! :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org

How about Physics Forums Hot Sauce
Homework Helper
Science Advisor
Mentor
Administrator

Gokul43201 said:
I do too! :redface:

Almost as much as I like the misspelling of 'misspelling'! :wink:

touché!

Thanks to all who are working on this, myself and two other guys are going to sit down in the near future and work on a business name and sauce names, they may have other ideas, but I want to run the PF collective's mindset by them. work We are going to have a get together and nice food and drink and in that relaxed atmosphere, hopefully will produce our best work.

If anyone out there young or old is considering starting a small partnership/business, and wants to understand the commitment, work ethic it takes to succeed, I will give you read access to my google calendar of activities. All you need is a google account, and that I be familiar with you if I don't already know you. PM me if interested.

I am sure you will be amazed at what it takes, it can seem overwhelming, but if done step by step with common sense it can be done. Stick around and I will prove it to you. I will succeed and show others it can be done and how to go about doing it (with mistakes and everything that goes with it as well).

Rhody... :biggrin:

P.S. I like your contributions Gokul very creative, and hey, stop quibbling over spelling mistakes, well forget that, it makes me laugh, so carry on.

Good luck, Rhody. I've been in business for 14 years now and I can barely even remember what it was like to work for someone else; nor do I want to! There is nothing like working for yourself.

Ivan Seeking said:
Good luck, Rhody. I've been in business for 14 years now and I can barely even remember what it was like to work for someone else; nor do I want to! There is nothing like working for yourself.
Thanks Ivan, for your kind, hopeful thoughts.

Rhody...

CaptFirePanda said:
I like the misspeliing of hadrons the best!

I do too, but it might be a better name for the cold (mild) sauce than a hot sauce. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
I do too, but it might be a better name for the cold (mild) sauce than a hot sauce. :biggrin:
It could be a very stimulating sauce. :tongue:

I have been giving this some thought (less any alcohol in my system, hehe...). The name for my partnership business should capture a well known landmark, in this case, famous Newport, RI, known for its rich sailing heritage and beautiful mansions, and picturesque downtown shopping and eateries.

Let's expand this thread to include a name for the business as well, and if a mentor following would be so kind as to rename it to: "Naming "Hot Stuff" and "Hot Stuff Business". I would appreciate it.

There are many local businesses that do that now, "http://newportstorm.com/index2.php", "Newport Vineyards", etc...

The name should try to capture a sense of understated elegance and passion, roll off the tongue and be memorable, (spanish words immediately come to mind). Thanks PF collective for your input(s).

Rhody... :tongue2:

So you're going for the Northern coastal community scientific slant, for a traditionally Southern food product? I'm not seeing continuity in the theme here.

Ivan Seeking said:
So you're going for the Northern coastal community scientific slant, for a traditionally Southern food product? I'm not seeing continuity in the theme here.
For me it is all about brainstorming, trying to balance what is it important to stay true to who I am with, what will unfamiliar consumer recognize and possibly try, never having knowledge of it before.

People identify Newport with fun great food and beautiful scenery, sauces go with food, right ? Here is a possible wrapper for the line, with logos, business name and product name on top. Maybe a certain color red = coolest to violet = hottest. I am sure that color scheme will confuse some folks.

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5540/colorspectrum.jpg [Broken]

Rhody...

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think Newport makes a good connection for a hot sauce, but maybe you could name the varieties after storms, including a nor'easter. Hurricane, gale, tornado, lightning, thunder, tsunami, cyclone. You don't want names or labels too obscure to the general public if you plan to market the product.

Moonbear said:
I don't think Newport makes a good connection for a hot sauce, but maybe you could name the varieties after storms, including a nor'easter. Hurricane, gale, tornado, lightning, thunder, tsunami, cyclone. You don't want names or labels too obscure to the general public if you plan to market the product.
Moonbear,

True, everyone makes valid points, and from these a short list will emerge, then a little more food, drink, followed by lively discussion, debate, and then a vote, even if the candidates chosen are not the other parties favorites, then a thumbs sideways, "I can live with this" vote will suffice.

Rhody...

Rhode Island Red Hot.

lisab said:
Rhode Island Red Hot.
Noted,

That thought along with at least 5 other variants has been swimming around in my head.

Thanks...

Rhody...

I feel conflicted. I can't equate hot sauce with an ocean setting. "Newport" makes me think of mild ocean breezes, sailing, and mentholated cigarettes.

Rhode Island works okay. And going with something personal, like Rhody's Red... seems workable. Or maybe you could go for your celebrity base and name it in honor of Joe Biden - Fightin Joe's Butt-Kickin Sauces. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
name it in honor of Joe Biden - Fightin Joe's Butt-Kickin Sauces. :biggrin:

Ohhh God... :cry:

Rhody... o:)

Had to throw this in for grins.

Rhode Kill Sauce

Ivan Seeking said:

Rhode Kill Sauce
Good one!

Ivan Seeking said:

Rhode Kill Sauce

Uh... No...

Rhody... :rofl:

Ok you chuckleheads, I was at the gym working and sweating on the elliptical. For some reason, this thread was whirling around in my head, since I am a pithy (not as much as I would like) engineer, geek type, I wanted something, short sweet that hints at the chili products I intend to sell.

I just registered the domain name: www.intertwinedchilis.com for one year so that someone else does not snag it. That will be my business name as well. I will have an email shortly that should reflect the same name for business purposes. One small step, a couple thousand more to go with hills and valleys along the way.

Rhody...

<h2>1. What types of hot peppers are used in the sauces?</h2><p>The hot pepper sauces are made with a variety of peppers, including habanero, jalapeno, cayenne, ghost pepper, and more. Each sauce has a unique blend of peppers to create different levels of heat and flavor.</p><h2>2. Are the sauces all the same level of spiciness?</h2><p>No, the sauces range from mild to extremely hot. Some are meant to add a subtle kick to dishes, while others are for those who love a fiery punch of heat. Each sauce is labeled with its level of spiciness, so you can choose according to your preference.</p><h2>3. Can I choose which sauce I want to sample?</h2><p>Unfortunately, the sauce samples are randomly selected and cannot be chosen. However, we guarantee that each sauce is delicious and of high quality, so you won't be disappointed with whichever one you receive.</p><h2>4. Are the sauces all natural and preservative-free?</h2><p>Yes, all of our hot pepper sauces are made with natural ingredients and are free of preservatives. We believe in using only the freshest and highest quality ingredients in our sauces.</p><h2>5. How do I redeem my free sample?</h2><p>After filling out the form and submitting your request, your free sample will be mailed to the address provided within 2-3 weeks. Please note that samples are only available for US residents and limited to one per household.</p>

1. What types of hot peppers are used in the sauces?

The hot pepper sauces are made with a variety of peppers, including habanero, jalapeno, cayenne, ghost pepper, and more. Each sauce has a unique blend of peppers to create different levels of heat and flavor.

2. Are the sauces all the same level of spiciness?

No, the sauces range from mild to extremely hot. Some are meant to add a subtle kick to dishes, while others are for those who love a fiery punch of heat. Each sauce is labeled with its level of spiciness, so you can choose according to your preference.

3. Can I choose which sauce I want to sample?

Unfortunately, the sauce samples are randomly selected and cannot be chosen. However, we guarantee that each sauce is delicious and of high quality, so you won't be disappointed with whichever one you receive.

4. Are the sauces all natural and preservative-free?

Yes, all of our hot pepper sauces are made with natural ingredients and are free of preservatives. We believe in using only the freshest and highest quality ingredients in our sauces.

5. How do I redeem my free sample?

After filling out the form and submitting your request, your free sample will be mailed to the address provided within 2-3 weeks. Please note that samples are only available for US residents and limited to one per household.