Disadvantages of CO2 Scrubbers?

by nst.john
Tags: disadvantages, scrubbers
nst.john
Dec13-13, 11:58 AM
P: 102
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is in the right section, but I figured chemical engineering would be best for this. I wanted to know what kind of disadvantages there are for today's CO2 scrubbers and how they can be improved. I am wondering this because I am doing a clean tech competition and would like to focus on removing greenhouse gases from the atmosphere. If you can tell me any disadvantages or any other technologies to look into for this topic please let me know!
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
A smart prosthetic knee with in-vivo diagnoses
Old tires become material for new and improved roads
Students take clot-buster for a spin
phyzguy
Dec13-13, 04:30 PM
P: 2,071
Quote Quote by nst.john View Post
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is in the right section, but I figured chemical engineering would be best for this. I wanted to know what kind of disadvantages there are for today's CO2 scrubbers and how they can be improved. I am wondering this because I am doing a clean tech competition and would like to focus on removing greenhouse gases from the atmosphere. If you can tell me any disadvantages or any other technologies to look into for this topic please let me know!
I think there are two main disadvantages:

(1) It costs money and nobody wants to pay for it.
(2) Once you have collected the CO2, you have to put it somewhere. Where will you put it?
nst.john
Dec13-13, 04:48 PM
P: 102
Thanks. It's good to try to solve these problems,not easy but maybe possible

Register to reply