A level Cambridge Exams this October

In summary, the conversation discusses preparing for the A level Cambridge Exams in physics and asks for advice on the most probable outcomes and types of questions to revise. The speakers suggest looking at past exam papers and consulting with experienced teachers for guidance. They also mention the syllabus and exam board website as resources for preparing for the exam.
kushal18
hey guys i am sitting for the A level Cambridge Exams this October and November. Could someone tell me what are the most probable outcomes in physics or what types of questions should i revise to secure a good grade in physics.

Physics news on Phys.org

Isn't there an "expected outcomes" document detailing what candidates are expected to know for their A and O levels? It might differ from country to country. Check your country/district/state's exam board website for that.

As for "most probable", I don't think anyone here could help you with that. Take a look through the past year examinations. Think you could spot any patterns in the questions tested? Regardless, the best person to answer this would be your high school teachers, especially those old and experienced ones. I've had a number of them tell me in advance which topics they usually expect to be tested for each year.

Yes. there is the syllabus of physics telling the learning outcomes. However, the exam questions may go beyond the syllabus.

Anyways, thanks for the advice.

Exam questions will not go beyond the A level syllabus.

The best way of gauging what sorts of questions will be asked it to look through past year exam papers, as Defennder says. Your teacher should provide papers, or you could check the exam board website: www.ocr.org.uk

thanks Crysto. I'm going to practice past exam papers now.

For your kind information, I am sitting for the CIE exams.

1. What is the format of the A level Cambridge Exams this October?

The A level Cambridge Exams this October will follow the same format as previous years. Each exam will consist of written papers, practical assessments, and coursework, depending on the subject. The duration of each exam will vary, but most will last between 2-3 hours.

2. How many subjects can I take in the A level Cambridge Exams this October?

Students are typically expected to take 3-4 subjects in the A level Cambridge Exams. However, the maximum number of subjects allowed is usually 5. It is recommended to consult with your school or exam center to determine the appropriate number of subjects to take.

3. What is the registration deadline for the A level Cambridge Exams this October?

The registration deadline for the A level Cambridge Exams this October may vary depending on your school or exam center. Generally, registration opens in the spring and closes in early summer. It is important to check with your school or exam center for specific dates and deadlines.

4. How are the A level Cambridge Exams graded?

The A level Cambridge Exams are graded on a scale from A* (highest) to E (lowest). Grades are determined based on a combination of coursework, practical assessments, and written exams. The exact breakdown may vary depending on the subject.

5. Can I retake the A level Cambridge Exams if I am not satisfied with my results?

Yes, you can retake the A level Cambridge Exams if you are not satisfied with your results. However, there may be limitations on the number of times you can retake an exam. It is important to consult with your school or exam center for their retake policy.