Book on Feynmann diagrammatica and renormalization group

In summary, Feynman diagrammatica is a mathematical tool used in quantum field theory, while renormalization group theory is a framework used to study physical systems at different length scales. The purpose of a book on these topics is to provide a comprehensive understanding of these concepts and their applications in theoretical physics. The target audience is scientists and researchers in the fields of theoretical physics, and the benefits of studying these concepts include a deeper understanding of quantum field theory and improved problem-solving skills. A strong background in mathematics and basic understanding of quantum mechanics and classical mechanics are necessary prerequisites for reading this book.
zetafunction
i would need some good books (with examples) in the following subjects

- Feynman diagramas (how to calculate them)

- Renormalization group

my background: i have got a degree on physics, so i know what ODE , PDE , or even the Feynman integral and propagator, but i did not study the part of 'renormalization' and 'Feynmann graphs'

Physics news on Phys.org
which are the applications you are looking for? Particle Physics? many body physics?

There's a Dover book by Mattuck, "A Guide to Feynman Diagrams in the Many-Body Problem" which I think will meet your requirements.

1. What is Feynman diagrammatica and renormalization group theory?

Feynman diagrammatica is a mathematical tool used in quantum field theory to visualize and calculate particle interactions. Renormalization group theory is a mathematical framework used to understand the behavior of physical systems at different length scales.

2. What is the purpose of a book on Feynman diagrammatica and renormalization group theory?

The purpose of a book on this topic is to provide a comprehensive understanding of these mathematical tools and their applications in theoretical physics. It aims to help readers develop a deep understanding of these concepts and their role in modern physics research.

3. Who is the target audience for a book on Feynman diagrammatica and renormalization group theory?

The target audience for this book is generally scientists and researchers in the fields of theoretical physics, quantum field theory, and particle physics. It may also be suitable for advanced students in these fields.

4. What are the benefits of studying Feynman diagrammatica and renormalization group theory?

Studying these concepts can provide a deeper understanding of quantum field theory and its applications in modern physics research. It can also enhance problem-solving skills and improve the ability to analyze complex physical systems.

5. Are there any prerequisites for reading a book on Feynman diagrammatica and renormalization group theory?

Yes, a strong background in mathematics, particularly in calculus and linear algebra, is necessary to fully understand the concepts presented in this book. Additionally, a basic understanding of quantum mechanics and classical mechanics is also helpful.