What is a high resolution CCD camera suitable for inspecting metal cavities?

In summary, the conversation is about finding a high resolution CCD camera that can be used to take photographs of metal cavities. The camera needs to be compact and oblong to fit into a tube for insertion. The person is looking for a camera similar to the AVT Stingray F080, but not a video recorder. They are asking for advice on where to find such a camera and questioning if the camera's fps is fast enough. They also mention the possibility of asking at a camera store or contacting Russ Waters, a camera enthusiast.
Mu naught
Hi, I'm trying to find a high resolution ccd camera that can be used to take PHOTOGRAPHS to inspect the surfaces of metal cavities. It has to be compact and oblong to fit into a tube so it can be inserted into a cavity.

I'm looking for something very much similar to this shape:

http://www.adept.net.au/cameras/avt/stingray_f080.shtml

except not a video recorder. Does anyone have any advice where I could find something like that?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Mu naught said:
Hi, I'm trying to find a high resolution ccd camera that can be used to take PHOTOGRAPHS to inspect the surfaces of metal cavities. It has to be compact and oblong to fit into a tube so it can be inserted into a cavity.

I'm looking for something very much similar to this shape:

http://www.adept.net.au/cameras/avt/stingray_f080.shtml

except not a video recorder. Does anyone have any advice where I could find something like that?

That camera says it can run up to 31fps -- is that fast enough for you?

If not, you might be able to ask at any large camera store near you, or you could also try PM'ing Russ Waters -- he's a camera buff I believe...

1. What is a high resolution CCD camera?

A high resolution CCD camera is a type of digital camera that uses a charge-coupled device (CCD) sensor to capture images. It is able to produce images with higher resolution and better image quality compared to other types of cameras.

2. How does a high resolution CCD camera work?

A high resolution CCD camera works by converting light into electrical signals using the CCD sensor. The sensor is made up of millions of tiny light-sensitive cells, which capture light and convert it into digital data. This data is then processed and stored as an image.

3. What are the advantages of using a high resolution CCD camera?

Some of the advantages of using a high resolution CCD camera include better image quality, higher resolution, and more accurate color reproduction. These cameras are also able to capture images with less noise and better low-light performance compared to other types of cameras.

4. What are the applications of high resolution CCD cameras?

High resolution CCD cameras are commonly used in scientific research, astronomy, and medical imaging. They are also used in surveillance, industrial inspection, and in the production of high-quality images for advertising and marketing purposes.

5. How do I choose the right high resolution CCD camera for my needs?

When choosing a high resolution CCD camera, consider factors such as the sensor size, resolution, and sensitivity, as well as the intended application and budget. It is also important to research the brand and read reviews from other users to ensure the camera meets your specific requirements.