Adobe Acrobat 9: Javascript: Merge Odd/Even Pages

• Java
  • Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Javascript
In summary, the conversation discusses merging two PDF documents, Doc1.pdf and Doc2.pdf, which contain odd and even numbered pages respectively. The person is looking for help on how to use Javascript to merge the two documents together. They mention not being able to install new .js files due to not being an administrator. A suggestion is made to use the software pdfsam for an easy one-click merging process.
Saladsamurai
Hey folks

I don't know if anyone can help with this, it should be straightforward though. I have a 2 PDF documents called Doc1.pdf and Doc2.pdf. Doc1 contains all of the odd numbered pages of a main document and Doc2 contains the even ones. I would like to merge the Doc2 even pages into Doc1 in their respective positions.

I am not sure how to use Javascript at all; I just know that it exists. If anyone could help out with this one, I would be quite grateful. All suggestions are welcome.

PS I do know that I have to do this from the Javascript console or window or whatever it is called since I cannot install new .js files (not adminstrator).

Technology news on Phys.org
I come up with the same problem to solve, and I suppose you can use the free software pdfsam to do this odd-even merging in one click. very nicely done.

1. What is Adobe Acrobat 9?

Adobe Acrobat 9 is a software developed by Adobe Systems used for creating, editing, and managing PDF documents. It is a popular tool for businesses and individuals who need to work with digital documents.

2. What is Javascript in Adobe Acrobat 9?

Javascript in Adobe Acrobat 9 is a scripting language used for creating interactive and dynamic features in PDF documents. It allows users to add functionality such as form validation, calculations, and data manipulation to their PDFs.

3. How do I merge odd and even pages in Adobe Acrobat 9 using Javascript?

To merge odd and even pages in Adobe Acrobat 9 using Javascript, you can use the "mergePages()" method. This method allows you to specify which pages you want to merge, and in which order. You can also add other parameters to customize the merge process.

4. Can merging odd and even pages in Adobe Acrobat 9 be automated?

Yes, merging odd and even pages in Adobe Acrobat 9 can be automated using Javascript. You can create a script that will run the "mergePages()" method with the necessary parameters to merge the pages automatically. This can save time and effort, especially for large documents.

5. Are there any limitations to using Javascript for merging odd and even pages in Adobe Acrobat 9?

There are some limitations to using Javascript for merging odd and even pages in Adobe Acrobat 9. For example, the "mergePages()" method can only merge two pages at a time, so if you have a large document with multiple odd and even pages, you may need to run the script multiple times. Also, the merged pages will have the same orientation, so if you have a mix of portrait and landscape pages, they may not merge correctly.