Where do penguins go when they die?

• Thread starter jobyts
  • Start date
In summary: So unless you want to spend your eternity as a worm, you'll need to manage your grave site better.In summary, the penguins move to a new location every time they die because the environment is too hostile and hot in their previous location.
jobyts
Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica ?

Where do they go?

Wonder no more ! ! !
It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered and complex life.
The penguin is very committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintaining a form of compassionate contact with its offspring throughout its life. If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice, using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be rolled into and buried.

The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing:

"Freeze a jolly good fellow"
"Freeze a jolly good fellow."

Then they kick him in the ice hole.

Edit: anyone know who wrote this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I find this offensive.

Pengwuino said:
I find this offensive.

Is he describing the future?

Pengwuino said:
I find this offensive.
i find this defensive

Pengwuino said:
I find this offensive.
Peng,

Fan club, uh ?

Rhody...

[PLAIN]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/22/8abca5f7-6504-4737-aa81-cb783b99a37b.jpg

So that's why the ice is splitting off the continent. They need to learn to manage their grave sites.

In my stomach.

Bakersfield.

Ivan Seeking said:

Bakersfield.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ivan Seeking said:

Bakersfield.
No, Bakersfield, California is where my Dad went to Marine Boot Camp in the 50's and they had no stinking penguins DEAD or alive there. If Bakersfield is an inside joke, I don't get it.

Rhody...

Righht here>>>>>[PLAIN]http://www.trappedbymonsters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/LeopardSeal.jpg

Pengwuino said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

rhody said:
If Bakersfield is an inside joke, I don't get it.

Rhody...

Note for whom the heads roll.

Also, it is my belief that all pengwuinos are evil. And as I'm sure your dad would agree, the average temperature in Bakersfield is about 140 degrees F, so it would make sense in a biblical sort of way.

rhody said:
No, Bakersfield, California is where my Dad went to Marine Boot Camp in the 50's and they had no stinking penguins DEAD or alive there. If Bakersfield is an inside joke, I don't get it.

Rhody...

Bakersfield IS the joke.

Ivan Seeking said:
Note for whom the heads roll.

Also, it is my belief that all pengwuinos are evil. And as I'm sure your dad would agree, the average temperature in Bakersfield is about 140 degrees F, so it would make sense in a biblical sort of way.
Ah, I see obewon inhospitable environment, pretty much sealing the penguins fate, no water, too much heat, and flippers up. Got it. So why not go after the OP, Pengy bird ?

Rhody... :devil:

Good penguins are reborn as tropical birds, bad penguins as worms.

MODS. Shut this hate-filled thread down.

Chi Meson said:
Righht here>>>>>[PLAIN]http://www.trappedbymonsters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/LeopardSeal.jpg[/QUOTE]

Is that a smile?

Penguins are constantly prepared for death. Who else wears a tux 24/7 in the Underworld?

Pengwuino said:
Bakersfield IS the joke.

The joke's on me! I meant to say Fresno, but I inadvertantly defaulted to the age-old and well-deserved tradition of dissing Bakersfield.

ivan seeking said:
the joke's on me! I meant to say fresno, but i inadvertantly defaulted to the age-old and well-deserved tradition of dissing bakersfield.

muahahaha i win

Penguins move to Fresno every time. They confuse with the name thinking there is snow.

DoggerDan said:
Is that a smile?

Its a burp.

Pengwuino said:
muahahaha i win

Not so fast my fine flippered friend. Be it Fresno or Bakersfield, the average temp is still about 140 F.

1. Where do penguins go when they die?

When penguins die, their bodies usually stay on the surface of the ice or water until they are eaten by predators or decompose. In some cases, their bodies may sink to the bottom of the ocean.

2. Do penguins have a specific place where they go to die?

No, penguins do not have a specific place where they go to die. They may die on land, on the ice, or in the water.

3. How do penguins die in the wild?

Penguins can die from a variety of causes in the wild, including starvation, predation, disease, and accidents. They may also die from old age.

4. Do penguins grieve when another penguin dies?

It is not fully understood if penguins experience grief in the same way that humans do. However, they do show signs of recognition and mourning when a member of their group dies.

5. Are there any rituals or traditions for penguin funerals?

There are no known rituals or traditions specifically for penguin funerals. However, some penguin species have been observed gathering around a dead individual and making vocalizations or movements, possibly as a way of mourning or saying goodbye.