Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
Does starting a thread and getting no replies count as a kill?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think we decided that's not killing, because they are stillborn.

We got read of Artman,how many are still in contention:Moonbear,Franz and me...?

Daniel.

Moonbear said:
Of course you have better things to do on a Friday night. You can just leave the thread with me and it will be fine.
Now saturday mornings are a whole different story.

<Now where's that calibration curve I plotted last night...>

Wow yeah Moonbear, I followed your advice of going to bed. Best nights sleep I ever had. Thanks for keeping the thread warm for me :smile:

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING! I was casually going around, bumping up threads to the top while this one was sinking to the bottom, and bam! You put it back on the top again :cry:

Relax,Matt,there ain't no way u can make us forget about this thread and the relevance of killing it...:wink: :devil:

Danievil.

Ughhh, back to the top again, this thread will never die. We need to make a rule: Maybe 12hrs w/o a post and its dead?

mattmns said:
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING! I was casually going around, bumping up threads to the top while this one was sinking to the bottom, and bam! You put it back on the top again :cry:

That's how I felt last night! The thread-killers had gone to bed, there were people willing to post in other topics, so by careful picking and choosing, they were getting bumped up without a blatantly obvious list of threads with my name as the last poster on all of them, and then someone came in and brought this thread back to the top again!

See, we all are terrible at thread-killing. This thread should have had only a short lifespan, and we may have just given it the kiss of immortality!

A poisonous kiss,indeed...:tongue2:

This one is going to go 3000 posts,undoubtedly...:devil:

Daniel.

Yeah this thread is going to be around for a loooong time. It is already up to 9 pages of bs. This thread is not my child, this thread is franz's child, that is why we are all trying to kill it :smile:

This is Tribdog's EVIL creation...:devil: And yes,it shouldn't be kept alive...About the bs part,i disagree,just because I've posted 25 times...:tongue2:

Daniel.

*kisses thread* you be a good boy/girl, whatever it is you are, whild daddy is gone.

Okay, happy thoughts coming up. :smile: :devil: :smile: :devil: :rofl:

Hey come back here! Do not try to sneak away from daddy. pff, think I may have to spank this thread.

mattmns said:
Yeah this thread is going to be around for a loooong time. It is already up to 9 pages of bs. This thread is not my child, this thread is franz's child, that is why we are all trying to kill it :smile:

Yet with all of you posting here it only grows stronger, every single day.

HAHAHAHA, the thread is MINE!

"HAHAHAHA, the thread is MINE!" said Thready McThreadless

:devil:

Math Is Hard said:
"HAHAHAHA, the thread is MINE!" said Thready McThreadless

:devil:

Hardy har har.

*snatches the thread*
Mine now!
*cackles like a maniac*

Thready McThreadless, I like that.

mattmns said:
Thready McThreadless, I like that.
Now I'm Thready McHavingTheThread

I had the thread for 3.5 hrs or so, that is pretty good for the middle of the day

mattmns said:
I had the thread for 3.5 hrs or so, that is pretty good for the middle of the day

I was asleep, it doesn't count.

just stopping by

mattmns said:

Oh, you mean the few hours when I couldn't get to PF? From the time stamps on posts here, apparently nobody else could either.

Well, stop crowding it then.

I was sleeping too.But now I'm back to life claiming what's rightfully mine,namely this THREAD...:devil:

Danievil.

What's this thing you call sleep?

An activity in which u were supposed to relax,unless u're really having nightmares...

Danievil.

Sleep, eh. And yeah pf was down for me too. Too bad it was not down forever, because then I would have claimed the kill.

Good, everyone went to bed. Now I can get back to work :smile:

eh hem, I think you took my thread

This is very discouraging. I have tried to kill threads before... I get a kick out of that, but you guys refuse to cooperate.

Chronos said:
This is very discouraging. I have tried to kill threads before... I get a kick out of that, but you guys refuse to cooperate.

I hereby name this thread Wyle E., after Wyle E. Coyote, because we've flatten it, squashed it under a boulder, sent it off a cliff, exploded it, and even stuck it up a rhino's rectum, yet it just scrapes itself up and keeps on going.

Moonbear said:
I hereby name this thread Wyle E., after Wyle E. Coyote, because we've flatten it, squashed it under a boulder, sent it off a cliff, exploded it, and even stuck it up a rhino's rectum, yet it just scrapes itself up and keeps on going.

Yeah, tribdog was daring enough to retrieve from the rhino rectum, what a move that was. I soo thought the thread would be safe there.

Hey, give credit where credit is due! I retrieved the thread from the rhino. :grumpy: Nobody else was daring to go there, and I had the long gloves.

Back