Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
I could be really evil and pick a day and time to lock the thread. No one will know when the thread will lock and who the official "last poster" will be. It will be like musical chairs. :devil:

contributions of fine Belgian Dark Chocolate made to Evo will be taken into consideration when "locking" the thread

I fear that now that the thread is UNDEAD that locking it will be the only way to stop it.

Physics news on Phys.org
A deserving winner is the one who grabs "the number of the beast" for himself.

Yes,i agree.With everything.:approve:*stuffs a big box of Belgian Dark Chocolate into Evo's computer*

Daniel.

Sounds like a game of hot potato! Now you're going to force me to post even more often in the thread so I don't lose my chance to be the official last poster when Evo locks it. Only PFers could manage to create a Zombie Thread! :biggrin:

Yeah,MB,fatten MY THREAD.As i said,unless one of the mods locks it,it could reach 3000 posts before we could settle it...

Daniel.

Who said anything about abandoning...?I suggested the idea to Evo,just a caution measure,in case someone else (besides MB & Artman) tries to CHEAT.

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
...said Bartholomew before he quit MY THREAD...I am a genuine thread killer,though not really successfull in GD,but you can check other forums to convince yourseld.

Daniel.

That was a very highfalutin post, very different from your normal tone.. :uhh: But it is true, so i will leave it at that...

P.S. Just ignore this post because it holds no meaning, hoping that people will not post here after they see this post, so I can become the true thread swallower.. :devil:

Bartholomew said:
I know why you want evo to lock the thread. None of you have the stamina to truly kill a monster of a thread. Fatigue gets to you... every time you post in the thread you feel lousy, because you know it isn't over yet you don't want to simply abandon the kill to others. Trapped between two alternatives--posting constantly when you don't really have the strength to, or abandoning your chance to win the battle--you want a third alternative, an easy way out, someone to end the whole business so you can wash your hands of it. None of you have the true grit required to be a real thread killer.
HAAAR! Bartholomew has the fightin' spirit, he does! Give that boy a peg leg, a parrot and an eye patch and you'll have one fine pirate!

er...sorry, that's the nerd thread

Alright, it's a fight to the death then! No locking, someone is going to have to take down the... ZOMBIE THREAD!

Last edited:
Hmmm, I better go check out the pirate thread to see what all the hype is about.

Ack, I can't think of any clever comebacks today! Guess I'll have to resort to brute force again.

*Grabs thread, runs, dives behind sandbag fortress, and loads the slingshot with water balloons*

Don't ye be messing with the likes of Captain Moonbear, ye scurvy dogs, or it'll be the long walk off the short plank fer ye. *fires water balloons at mattmns and Dex* And don't any of the rest of you be thinkin ye'll be gettin any closer'n they did. *reloads slingshot*

(I'm having a hard time keeping my pirate accent from turning into a Scottish accent. :frown: :confused:)

Moonbear said:
Ack, I can't think of any clever comebacks today! Guess I'll have to resort to brute force again.

*Grabs thread, runs, dives behind sandbag fortress, and loads the slingshot with water balloons*

Don't ye be messing with the likes of Captain Moonbear, ye scurvy dogs, or it'll be the long walk off the short plank fer ye. *fires water balloons at mattmns and Dex* And don't any of the rest of you be thinkin ye'll be gettin any closer'n they did. *reloads slingshot*

(I'm having a hard time keeping my pirate accent from turning into a Scottish accent. :frown: :confused:)

Wait a second... pirates don't exist in the thread killer champions thread! They only exist (at least now) in the nerdy thread... unless it spreads throughout the forum like a plague.

Soon there will be people saying "AARGGH" and "YAAARRR" in the calculus and math forum when people get concepts wrong. And also in the TD forum, the moderators will just lock crackpot theories and leave a single "YAAAARRRRGHHH!" message. In the philosophy forum, they will discuss the intrinsic meaning of "YAAR!"

Physics Forums will degenerate to pirate rabble and all the mad scientists will rebel against their collegic institutions. All we will want to do is pillage, plunder, burn, find booty, bury the booty, and horde wenches.

Oh, the humanity!

Evo said:
HAAAR! Bartholomew has the fightin' spirit, he does! Give that boy a peg leg, a parrot and an eye patch and you'll have one fine pirate!

er...sorry, that's the nerd thread
pirate-speak appears to be highly contagious. :biggrin:

I need to work on my pirate talk, is there an official pirate-speak website:?

Moonbear said:
And it's impolite to return to the original topic once the thread has been hijacked. :rofl: :biggrin: :rofl:

Whoops! I didn't realize it had been hijacked. I got to learn to read between the lines.

motai said:
Wait a second... pirates don't exist in the thread killer champions thread! They only exist (at least now) in the nerdy thread... unless it spreads throughout the forum like a plague.

We pirates be everywhere matey! We've come to pillage the thread and feed her to the sharks! Yaarrh!

mattmns said:
Just posting before bed, YAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHH!

Ahoy matey! Cap'n Moonbear has the night watch.

Hold it,i don't recognize my beloved thread...?What's with the nerds here...?:mad:NERDS OUT OF MY THREAD!NOW!:mad:

Daniel.

P.S.Yaaaaaaaarrrrrrrh,i feel better already.

Ahoy, there be no nerds here, just us geeky pirates. *bites head off parrot*

Yaaarrrgghhh! :yuck:

Did Franz get a life? He has not been here in what, almost a day?

YAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRHHH, forget coffee, moonshine wakes ye up bettir

mattmns said:
Did Franz get a life? He has not been here in what, almost a day?

YAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRHHH, forget coffee, moonshine wakes ye up bettir

Yaaarrr, it be the weekend, and franz be draining the rum reserves dry. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

*breaks into song* What do you do with a drunken sailor, what do you do with a drunken sailor, what do you do with a drunken sailor, early in the morning...

Ahoy, Daniel! If ye won't come to the nerd pirates - the nerd pirates will come to ye!
Yarrhh, Moonbear - now ye'll have to walk about with headless Polly on yer shoulder!

matt, I too am getting worried about Franz... but I have midterms this week, so maybe he does too.

Isn't this pathetic...?:yuck:You abandoned the nerd-geek-pirate thread and came here to post this horrible nonsense...:yuck: :mad:

Daaaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhhhhhnievill

P.S.No P.S. this time.

Cap'n Moonbear didn't abandon any threads, matey! She knows the pirate code and goes down with 'er thread, she will.

dextercioby said:
Well,how about abandoning this thread...?:wink: :devil:

Doesn't it sound tempting...?

Daniel.

I'd be the shame of the seven seas to abandon the thread. This cap'n'll go down with 'er thread.

mattmns said:
I need to work on my pirate talk, is there an official pirate-speak website:?
Yes, by golly there is. All of these are in the "Are you a nerd" thread. https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=64484

Links courtesy of Cap'n BobG.

BobG said:
As t' ye, cepheid, ye need t' get some quick lernin' http://www.talklikeapirate.com/howto.html

In fact, ye be hopeless. Just use a translation service. http://www.syddware.com/cgi-bin/pirate.pl Ya scurvy dog whut deserves the black spot!
There is even a pirate test, link courtesy of Math Be Hard.
Math Be Hard said:
Unbelieveable![/B] I was just kidding around but apparently there IS a pirate test! :rofl:

]The pirate Test [/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry, I'm a responsible captain, and will ensure everyone else is safely off the thread before I ride it down! Yaaarrrhhh!

Harrrr those some mighty fine links Evo.

"Prepare to be boarded."

Yaarrr! Meninhats 'll kill this thread, for sure, it will! Bartholomew has't found the thread killer to kill all thread killers, he has!

Black Bart's meninhats thread reminds me of my genealogy chart. Dead-ended at me still-born great-great-grandmother, it did!

Yaarr!

It's so sad about the demise of this thread, but since we have the death certificate, I think it's time we made arrangements for its final journey.

I've decided that we should go to Costco and pick out the appropriate casket.

Here is a link:
Costco Caskets

BobG said:
Black Bart's meninhats thread reminds me of my genealogy chart. Dead-ended at me still-born great-great-grandmother, it did!

Yaarr!

:rofl: :rofl: (and a few extra characters for good measure).

Whooa! Did someone just feel something strange pass through here?

http://members.aol.com/lshauser/zombenco.html

Are U TRYING TO SCARE ME OFF MY THREAD...?Bob,that's the biggest mistake one can do and i promiss you'll suffer...:devil:

Daniel.

Nye, but 'tis undeniable that this thread is eerily unkillable (it even survived a meninhats reference).

There's a reason for that -

Arguing with zombies is generally futile, of course. But I have found it to be a valuable experience for two reasons. First, I believe that zombies are having a significant indirect influence on cultural and political thought, and I wish to thwart them. And then, there's a lot to be learned from zombies; they are useful, at the very least, as conversation pieces.

It turns out that it is possible to distinguish a zombie from a person. A zombie has a different philosophy. That is the only difference. Therefore, zombies can only be detected if they happen to be philosophers.
- from http://www.well.com/user/jaron/zombie.html

Then we better move this thread to philosophy to find out if it's really a zombie.

Why move it there...?It's become the symbol for GD.What on Earth can be more general than switching subjects between geeks-pirates-zombies and so on and so forth...?

Daniel.

Back