Learn How to Calculate g(x) with an Op-Amp Circuit | Helpful Tips and Tricks

In summary: Try to be more specific in your posts next time.In summary, this circuit does not oscillate and does not produce a predictable sinusoidal output.
Lasha
So this is the circuit(with equations which were written by me, so I don’t know if they’re correct)
2akefy8.jpg

and this is the graph I should get, but I don’t know how.( g(x) is the current vs resistance)
fjnneb.jpg

I assume that those two equations collide somehow and I get that g(x), but I’m not sure.
So my question is: how do I get that g(x) with that circuit?
thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Lasha said:
So this is the circuit(with equations which were written by me, so I don’t know if they’re correct)
2akefy8.jpg

and this is the graph I should get, but I don’t know how.( g(x) is the current vs resistance)
fjnneb.jpg

I assume that those two equations collide somehow and I get that g(x), but I’m not sure.
thanks

How are you setting the voltage ø in your circuit? I see a black line at the top of your diagram -- is that where you are putting in the input voltage ø?

And in your plot, what is x?

Yes.Input voltage is that sign.X is resistance.Oh and I forgot to mention R1=R2 and R4=R5

I'm sorry, but I'm having a really hard time tracking your post and whatever questions you have. Much of what you have posted is nonsense, IMO.

"X is resistance" -- *What* resistance? What are you trying to do with this circuit?

And your simplifications for I1 and I4 look wrong to me. Can you post your math in those derivations? But *only* after you clarify what you are trying to do with this circuit please.

I'm trying to put this circuit in parallel with two capacitors and the inductor so it should work like a negative resistance but with function like that

Lasha said:
I'm trying to put this circuit in parallel with two capacitors and the inductor so it should work like a negative resistance but with function like that

Still makes no sense to me. Please post your full circuit diagram with your circuit analysis...

Likes 1 person
md2vt5.png

Lasha said:
It is not clear to me why the circuit needs two identical blocks. Either one alone seems to be all that is needed. Do you know why it is constructed in duplicate?

fjnneb.jpg

You don't get that g(x). What you obtain with your circuit is a straight line without the bends in it. This means that, while your circuit is capable of oscillating when connected to an LC circuit, you have no control over the amplitude of the oscillations. You will have to build in some non-linearity if you want the oscillations to be predictable and sinusoidal. The g(x) in your figure shows such a non-linearity.

I suggest that you construct a one OP-AMP negative resistance, add a resistor in series with it so that overall it has a positive resistance, then run some tests to see how good its frequency response is, producing a plot of resistance vs. frequency.

Likes 1 person
i'll use e instead of phi.

it's a safe bet
e = e1 X R3/(R2+R3) = e2 X R6/(R5+R6)

and algebra should take you to I1 and I4

Likes 1 person
I've solved this.It turns out that g(x) ''breaks'' that way because of the fact that output voltage on the op-amp can't exceed supply voltage so the whole function changes.We need two op-amps in parallel so when whenever one of the output voltages reach their limits whole function doesn't become flat.Thanks anyways and sorry for not supplying enough details for it to make sense.

glad you got it solved.

Indeed, the other safe bet is e1 and e2 won't exceed Vsupply.

Everybody learns that one the hard way.

1. What is an op-amp circuit?

An op-amp circuit is a type of electronic circuit that uses an operational amplifier, or op-amp, to amplify and manipulate electronic signals. Op-amps are commonly used in a variety of applications, including audio amplifiers, filters, and signal processing circuits.

2. How do I design an op-amp circuit?

The design of an op-amp circuit involves selecting the appropriate op-amp for the desired application, determining the required gain and frequency response, and choosing the appropriate resistors and capacitors to achieve the desired circuit behavior. There are many online resources and software tools available to assist with op-amp circuit design.

3. What are some common issues with op-amp circuits?

Some common issues with op-amp circuits include instability, oscillation, and non-linear behavior. These issues can often be resolved by carefully choosing the op-amp and component values and by implementing proper decoupling and feedback techniques.

4. How can I troubleshoot an op-amp circuit?

If an op-amp circuit is not functioning as expected, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue. First, check all connections and ensure that the circuit is properly powered. Next, check the component values and make sure they are within the appropriate range. You can also use an oscilloscope to check the input and output signals and compare them to the expected behavior.

5. Are there any resources available for learning more about op-amp circuits?

Yes, there are many resources available for learning more about op-amp circuits. You can find books, online tutorials, and videos that cover the basics of op-amp circuit design and troubleshooting. Additionally, there are online forums and communities where you can ask questions and get help from experienced engineers and hobbyists.