Register to reply

Is there a general equation for convection of a fin's side surface

Share this thread:
kp3legend
Mar4-14, 04:04 PM
P: 8
I'm wondering with the circular fin, with uniform cross section area with given length and diameter. both ends are attached to surfaces. is there a general equation to find the heat rate by convection of the fin side surface. I tried to relate all the conditions and ended up with a equation that varies with position x along the fin. But I dont know if its a right way or not. Can heat transfer by convection along the fins be presented by a function which will gives the overall heat transfer rate.
thank you for your time.
i know this is wordy but i really need you help so i can move on with the next stuffs.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Tricorder XPRIZE: 10 teams advance in global competition to develop consumer-focused diagnostic device
Study shows local seismic isolation and damping methods provide optimal protection for essential computing equipment
New filter technology uses inert gas to bore holes in high-quality steel
Greg Bernhardt
Jul2-14, 02:45 PM
Admin
P: 9,562
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

Register to reply