When in the course of human events

In summary: How does that make you feel?If you're just bragging, then hooray for you !And i thought this was going to be some meaningful post with a reference to Thomas Jefferson in it. I should have known better.I thought it was rather inventive. From your own admission it surprised you.The point of this thread is apparently to share experiences with strange noises coming from one's sinuses, but unfortunately this thread is mostly filled with people bragging about how weird and mysterious their noises are.
BicycleTree
Well a minute ago I was singing a few lines of a song to myself--"California Babylon." It's a song that grows on you. But anyway, I looked it up on Google so I could post the lyrics here. But a funny thing happened...

I was singing "Three men standing and they love what they do.
You won't see it coming 'cause they want to surprise you
Consider it done, they're going to stand right by you
American punks don't care about you"

And I noticed that on the s's ("esses") a funny noise was coming from my sinuses. Kind of squeaky and scratchy, and reedy, a lot like chalk squeaking on a chalkboard. I held my nose and sang it again and there was no noise. Anyway. The noise is gone now.

Physics news on Phys.org
I should clarify: this was not a normal squeaky sound, which has happened to me before. It was a genuine rasp from deep inside my sinuses. Something like a lisp, only higher and farther in.

And i thought this was going to be some meaningful post with a reference to Thomas Jefferson in it. I should have known better.

I bet Thomas Jefferson once had a raspy nose.

See what i mean about boring threads? No offense intended.

Have you ever heard the song "California Babylon"?

nope. never tried singing it either. and surprise surprise i have never had that funny noise coming from my sinuses.

Andy said:
See what i mean about boring threads? No offense intended.

Yes, but generally its the neophytes that tenaciously post tons of trite tripe.

I thought it was rather inventive. From your own admission it surprised you.

yea but there aint much to discuss is there

What exactly is the point of this thread ? If you're worried about a growth in the sinuses (like a polyp, inflammatory or neoplastic), get a doctor to see you, preferably an ENT.

If you're just bragging, then hooray for you !

franznietzsche said:
And i thought this was going to be some meaningful post with a reference to Thomas Jefferson in it. I should have known better.

BicycleTree said:
I thought it was rather inventive. From your own admission it surprised you.

If by surprised you mean disappointed me, then yes.

BicycleTree said:
Well a minute ago I was singing a few lines of a song to myself--"California Babylon." It's a song that grows on you. But anyway, I looked it up on Google so I could post the lyrics here. But a funny thing happened...

I was singing "Three men standing and they love what they do.
You won't see it coming 'cause they want to surprise you
Consider it done, they're going to stand right by you
American punks don't care about you"

And I noticed that on the s's ("esses") a funny noise was coming from my sinuses. Kind of squeaky and scratchy, and reedy, a lot like chalk squeaking on a chalkboard. I held my nose and sang it again and there was no noise. Anyway. The noise is gone now.
How did you ever fail to kill the thread killer thread? :uhh:

BobG said:
How did you ever fail to kill the thread killer thread? :uhh:

Cause I will never let it die unless I get to kill it.

Calm down guys! You're going to hurt his feelings! :frown:

Mk said:
Calm down guys! You're going to hurt his feelings! :frown:

How do you think I felt, seeing a reference to thomas jefferson in the title and expecting something reasonably profound or at least having major implications, I came in here and found this??

Think of it as a poem.

A Vogon poem ? Or a Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings work ? :rofl:

a 3 year olds poem, or for that matter one of my poems!

Think of it as a Greek epic poem.

1. What is "When in the course of human events" referring to?

"When in the course of human events" is the first line of the United States Declaration of Independence. It refers to the start of a new nation and the reasons why the American colonies were declaring their independence from British rule.

2. Why is "When in the course of human events" an important phrase in history?

This phrase marks the beginning of the United States as an independent nation and serves as a reminder of the principles and values that the country was founded on. It also signifies the courage and determination of the Founding Fathers to fight for their rights and freedoms.

3. Who wrote "When in the course of human events"?

The phrase "When in the course of human events" was written by Thomas Jefferson, one of the main authors of the Declaration of Independence. He was a prominent figure in the American Revolution and later became the third President of the United States.

4. What does "When in the course of human events" mean in the context of the Declaration of Independence?

In the context of the Declaration of Independence, "When in the course of human events" means that at certain points in history, it becomes necessary for a group of people to break away from their current government and form a new one that better serves their interests and protects their rights.

5. How does "When in the course of human events" relate to the scientific community?

The phrase "When in the course of human events" can be interpreted as a call to action for progress and change in society. In the scientific community, this can be seen as a reminder to continuously question and challenge current beliefs and theories in order to advance our understanding of the world and improve the lives of humanity.