Old Atomic Weapons: Investigating Reality

• Thread starter NoTime
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Atomic
In summary: Admittedly, some of the early archeological and other historical treatises that proposed the Aryan migration theory were penned by scholars with an agenda (e.g., Max Mueller). I can't say I know very much about this, but I believe there's now tons more evidence that all points to roughly the same timeline and historical narrative.There is another such find, Libyan Desert Glass.
NoTime
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I came across this looking for something else.
I'm curious as to what, if any, objective reality is associated with it.

http://www.rense.com/general3/8000.htm

Physics news on Phys.org
Sounds like a meteorite impact to me. What they are saying about radiation doesn't jive with reality - if it is really that intense, why are they still working in the area? And after 8,000 years, having a lot of residual radiation would require a rather large weapon. Afterall - neither Hiroshima nor Nagasaki had to be abandoned after WWII.

Last edited:
Sounds like nonsense. But that may only be because it's presented poorly.

Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people.
Nobody, except for a small clique of fringe historians* (most of them, Indian) believes there was any kind of civilization in India between 10,000 and 6,000BC. The earliest buildings appeared in different parts of the world around 7000BC, in the neolithic age. At 6000BC, there were likely between one and two million people in the whole world. Besides, I don't believe a 10-20 kilton nuke can take out half a million people unless for some crazy reason, the population density in the middle of the Rajasthan desert 10,000 years ago was comparable to an densely populated urban area today (the city of Jodhpur has a population of about a million people today, and less than 50,000 a century ago).

Historian Kisari Mohan Ganguli says that Indian sacred writings are full of such descriptions, which sound like an atomic blast as experienced in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He says references mention fighting sky chariots and final weapons. An ancient battle is described in the Drona Parva, a section of the Mahabharata. "The passage tells of combat where explosions of final weapons decimate entire armies, causing crowds of warriors with steeds and elephants and weapons to be carried away as if they were dry leaves of trees," says Ganguli.
There are descriptions of hundreds of different weapons in the Mahabharata (which was written around 1000BC according to most historians; Ganguli might be one of those that insist it was written closer to 5000BC.) There's one weapon that bring torrential rain, one which rains down fire from the skies, one which brings heavy winds, another that digs tunnels into the earth, one that wipes out every armed person in sight (you defeat it by dropping your weapons)...I'm sure you can find an analog to any modern day device in the Mahabharata if you use a little imagination.

As for the radioactivity, it would seem, to my naive mind, that this is easiest explained by means of a natural fission reactor like the one at Oklo.

* Admittedly, some of the early archeological and other historical treatises that proposed the Aryan migration theory were penned by scholars with an agenda (e.g., Max Mueller). I can't say I know very much about this, but I believe there's now tons more evidence that all points to roughly the same timeline and historical narrative.

Last edited:
There is another such find, Libyan Desert Glass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_glass
The origin of the glass is a controversial issue for the scientific community. Meteoric origins were long suspected, but then research linked the glass to evidence of impact mechanics (vaporized quartz and meteoric metals) and to an impact crater. The topic is currently still evolving, and some geologists associate the glass not with impact melt ejecta, but with radiative melting from meteoric large aerial bursts, i.e., the glass would be analogous to trinitite created from sand exposed to the thermal radiation of a fireball.

Scientists have always been satisfied with a meteor-impact hypothesis, although no one has found a crater of suitable size or other supporting evidence.
If you put a sample of the glass made from the Trinity blast next to the Libyan glass, they look identical.

Last edited:
russ_watters said:
Afterall - neither Hiroshima nor Nagasaki had to be abandoned after WWII.
This was my immediate impression.

OTOH, given my understanding of real estate values in Japan, the cost of any necessary remedial action would most likely be worth the price.

I have no idea of what activities were required to reclaim the areas or what would remain if no action was taken.

Gokul43201 said:
Sounds like nonsense. But that may only be because it's presented poorly.
I agree, but there are enough odd bits floating around that I was wondering if there was any analytical information supporting the claim.

Gokul43201 said:
Nobody, except for a small clique of fringe historians* (most of them, Indian) believes there was any kind of civilization in India between 10,000 and 6,000BC. The earliest buildings appeared in different parts of the world around 7000BC, in the neolithic age.
There is always this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruins_in_the_Gulf_of_Cambay
Not quite sure what to make of it other than it seems consistant with the rise in sea levels with the start of the holocene about 10k-8k years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
hypatia said:
There is another such find, Libyan Desert Glass.
I think they did find a potential impact site
http://www.planetary.org/news/2006/0303_Egyptian_Impact_Site_Possible_Source.html

Evo said:
I found a good debunking, see the 4th post down by a member named byrd.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread150313/pg1
Love the posts by wisdumb in that thread...
NoTime said:
OTOH, given my understanding of real estate values in Japan, the cost of any necessary remedial action would most likely be worth the price.

I have no idea of what activities were required to reclaim the areas or what would remain if no action was taken.
No real cleanup would be possible if it had been necessary, which it wasn't. You'd pretty much have to scoop up the entire landmass and dump it into the ocean to get rid of it.

Evo said:
This looks better
Rather odd page though.
Not clearly for or against.

[PLAIN said:
http://www.philipcoppens.com/bestevidence.html]Surendra[/PLAIN] Gadekar also investigated the conditions of villagers at Rawatbhatta in Rajasthan and discovered gross radiation-related deformities. We note that Rawatbhatta is in the same region as the discovery of the “ancient warfare” site. But Gadekar did not find evidence of ancient warfare, but evidence of modern negligence: wood that had been used in the power plant, had then “somehow” made his way into society, where it was subsequently used as wood for a fire. This in itself was a minor incident, but could there have been more serious incidents, whereby it was decided to deflect attention from the present to the ancient past?

russ_watters said:
No real cleanup would be possible if it had been necessary, which it wasn't. You'd pretty much have to scoop up the entire landmass and dump it into the ocean to get rid of it.
Do you know that or is it just a guess on your part?
I couldn't find much on the details.
I did see that a lot of money was spent.

NoTime said:
This looks better
Rather odd page though.
Not clearly for or against.
Conspiracy theorists plagarizing other conspiracy theorists is not evidence.
Do you know that or is it just a guess on your part?
I couldn't find much on the details.
I did see that a lot of money was spent.
We discussed this in a recent thread in P&WA, but because the bombs were air-bursts, there was little fallout concentrated in the area. Here's an article describing it: http://www.uic.com.au/nip29.htm

You won't find any info on decontamination because there wasn't any.

Here's an article from the other thread describing the fallout from a much larger weapon (1MT). Notice on page 11, where it says that residual radiation would be back to peacetime levels in 10 years... http://www.fas.org/nuke/intro/nuke/7906/790604.pdf

russ_watters said:
Conspiracy theorists plagarizing other conspiracy theorists is not evidence.
:rofl:
russ_watters said:
We discussed this in a recent thread in P&WA, but because the bombs were air-bursts, there was little fallout concentrated in the area. Here's an article describing it: http://www.uic.com.au/nip29.htm

You won't find any info on decontamination because there wasn't any.

Here's an article from the other thread describing the fallout from a much larger weapon (1MT). Notice on page 11, where it says that residual radiation would be back to peacetime levels in 10 years... http://www.fas.org/nuke/intro/nuke/7906/790604.pdf

Interesting. Thanks for the pointers.

Evo said:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread150313/pg1

I like the fact that possibly nobody googled information about the area until byrd.

What I was really wondering after I read this was what seemed a great disparity of technology between and even within the opposing forces. Elephants, steeds and atomic weapons :rolleyes:

Francis M said:
What I was really wondering after I read this was what seemed a great disparity of technology between and even within the opposing forces. Elephants, steeds and atomic weapons :rolleyes:
Guess it's time to Google "vimana" then!

1. What is an atomic weapon?

An atomic weapon, also known as a nuclear weapon, is a type of explosive device that derives its destructive force from nuclear reactions, either fission (splitting of atomic nuclei) or fusion (combining of atomic nuclei).

2. When were atomic weapons first used?

The first atomic weapons were used in 1945 during World War II by the United States against Japan. The atomic bombs, nicknamed "Little Boy" and "Fat Man", were dropped on the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, respectively.

3. How do atomic weapons work?

Atomic weapons work by utilizing nuclear reactions to release an immense amount of energy in a short period of time. This energy is released in the form of a blast wave, heat, and ionizing radiation, causing widespread destruction and devastation.

4. What are the effects of an atomic weapon?

The effects of an atomic weapon can vary depending on the type and size of the weapon, as well as the distance from the explosion. The immediate effects include a blast wave, intense heat, and radiation, which can cause destruction and fatalities. The long-term effects can include radiation sickness, genetic mutations, and long-term environmental damage.

5. How are scientists investigating the reality of old atomic weapons?

Scientists are investigating the reality of old atomic weapons through various means, such as studying historical documents, analyzing radioactive materials, and conducting simulations and experiments. They also work with international organizations to monitor and track the effects of past nuclear testing and use, as well as to prevent the proliferation of nuclear weapons.