Do-It-Yourself Projects: Share Your Experiences

• Misc.
  • Thread starter NeoDevin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Projects
In summary, the conversation is about do-it-yourself projects that can be done around the house. The speaker asks for suggestions from others in the forum and provides a link to a project they are interested in. Another person mentions their experience with making fish tanks and shares some of their favorite fish species. They also provide links to pictures of the fish.
NeoDevin
I was sitting around bored last night, and wondering what sorts of projects I could do around my appartment, when I thought `why not ask on PF'. I'm sure everyone here has done some do it yourself projects over the years, care to share what they were?

Provide some details yourself, or just link to websites with instructions.

http://www.garf.org/news25p2.html#HUGE" is one I will probably do someday when I own my own house.

I've also made several of http://toppertwo.tripod.com/pop_bottle_pots.htm" [Broken], they're great for growing strawberries, or for starting plants out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, making your own fish tank is great. I made several, the biggest one 150 * 50 * 60 cm. The most interesting one was a pentagonal (diamond) model for a corner, giving some interesting challenge how to cut the glass.

I did not try salt water, instead my favorite were the discus

717px-Blue_Discus.jpg

the Ramirezi

http://www.association-discus-passion.com/photos/cichlides/Papiliochromis-ramirezi2.jpg [Broken]

and the Congo tetra

800px-Phenacogrammus_interruptus_(aka).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I get started with a DIY project?

To get started with a DIY project, first decide on what type of project you want to do. Then, research the materials and tools you will need. Make a list and purchase the necessary items. Finally, follow step-by-step instructions or watch tutorial videos to guide you through the project.

2. What are some benefits of DIY projects?

DIY projects have many benefits, including saving money, learning new skills, and the satisfaction of creating something yourself. They also allow you to customize and personalize items to your own taste and needs.

3. How can I avoid common mistakes when doing a DIY project?

To avoid common mistakes, make sure to carefully read and follow instructions, use the right tools and materials, and take your time. It's also helpful to watch tutorials or consult with experienced DIYers for tips and advice.

4. What are some safety precautions to keep in mind when doing a DIY project?

Safety should always be a top priority when doing DIY projects. Make sure to wear appropriate protective gear, such as goggles and gloves, when handling tools and materials. Keep your work area well-ventilated and be cautious of potential hazards, such as sharp objects and electrical tools.

5. How can I share my DIY project experiences with others?

There are many ways to share your DIY project experiences with others. You can write a blog post, create a video tutorial, or share photos on social media. You can also join online communities or attend local workshops and events to connect with other DIY enthusiasts and share your experiences.