LaTeX list of figures organised by chapter

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter n0_3sc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex List
In summary, you can customize the formatting of your list of figures in LaTeX using various commands and packages such as the tocloft package. To create a list of figures organized by chapter, you can use the chapterbib package. Additionally, you can add a title to your list of figures using the caption package. It is also possible to change the numbering style of your list of figures using the tocloft package. Finally, you can include only certain figures in your list of figures by using the \caption* command instead of \caption.
n0_3sc
Does anyone know how to do this?
I want my list of figures page to be organised by chapters, with the chapter heading.

Physics news on Phys.org
A crude way to do it will be to do your normal list of figures and then use the \addcontentsline command for the list of figures under each chapter with the chapter name. The add contents line command is described here:

http://www.andy-roberts.net/misc/latex/toctutorial.html

\usepackage{chngcntr}

\counterwithin{figure}{section}
\counterwithin{table}{section}
\counterwithin{equation}{section}

1. Can I customize the formatting of my list of figures in LaTeX?

Yes, you can customize the formatting of your list of figures in LaTeX by using various commands and packages. For example, you can change the font, spacing, and alignment of the list of figures by using the tocloft package.

2. How do I create a list of figures organised by chapter in LaTeX?

To create a list of figures organised by chapter in LaTeX, you can use the chapterbib package. This package allows you to have a separate bibliography for each chapter, which can then be used to create a list of figures specific to that chapter.

3. Can I add a title to my list of figures in LaTeX?

Yes, you can add a title to your list of figures in LaTeX by using the caption package. This package provides the \listoffigures command, which can be used to add a title to your list of figures.

4. How can I change the numbering style of my list of figures in LaTeX?

You can change the numbering style of your list of figures in LaTeX by using the tocloft package. This package allows you to customize the numbering of your list of figures by using the \cftfigpresnum and \cftfigaftersnum commands.

5. Is it possible to include only certain figures in my list of figures in LaTeX?

Yes, it is possible to include only certain figures in your list of figures in LaTeX. You can do this by using the \caption* command instead of \caption for the figures you do not want to include in the list of figures. These figures will still be included in the document, but they will not appear in the list of figures.