Where to Find Comprehensive Turbo Assembly Language Resources?

In summary, the conversation is about finding good reference materials for Turbo Assembly language for DOS applications, specifically for creating a game board with game pieces. The suggested resources include the Borland Community Museum and using INT 10 to draw graphics lines. There is also a mention of using the jmp command and help from the helppc resource for understanding Interrupt 10 for drawing graphics.
cyeokpeng
Can anyone show me how to get good reference materials for Turbo Assembly language for DOS applications? Any complete reference tutorial websites or reference books woul be sufficient.

I have been googling and yahooing but still cannot find one good reference.
Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Actually, I need to do a project on creating a game board with game pieces on it. The game rules and requirements are not required to be implemented in the assembly program.

First of all, I need to use INT 10 to draw graphics lines, since it looks much neater compred to using ASCII characters to draw. If I am not wrong, I need to loop usingthe jmp command to draw pixels over and over again until the conditions in CX register matches the number stored in another register. But even with helppc, I do not understand how to use the Interrupt 10 for drawing graphics.

Thanks!

1. What is Turbo Assembly Language (TASM)?

Turbo Assembly Language (TASM) is a low-level programming language used for writing programs that can directly communicate with the computer hardware. It is an assembly language tool that is used to convert assembly language code into machine code, which can then be executed by the computer's processor.

2. What are the benefits of using TASM?

TASM allows for more control over the hardware and memory of a computer compared to higher-level languages. It is also faster and more efficient as it directly communicates with the processor without any intermediary layers. Additionally, TASM programs can be optimized for specific hardware, making them more tailored to the system's needs.

3. Is TASM still relevant today?

While TASM may not be as widely used as it once was, it is still relevant in certain industries and for specific purposes. For example, TASM is often used in embedded systems, operating system development, and reverse engineering. It can also be useful for low-level programming and debugging.

4. Is TASM difficult to learn?

Learning TASM requires a solid understanding of computer architecture and low-level programming concepts. It can be challenging for beginners, but with practice and patience, it can be mastered. There are also many online resources and tutorials available to help with learning TASM.

5. Are there any alternatives to TASM?

Yes, there are several alternatives to TASM, such as NASM, MASM, and FASM. These are other assembly language tools that offer similar functionalities. However, each has its own syntax and features, so it is important to choose the one that best suits your needs and preferences.