Is my solution good? - kinetic friction

In summary, the conversation discusses two different situations where a block is pulled with a force F. In the first situation, the force is applied horizontally, while in the second situation, the force is applied at a 60 degree angle. The question is whether the motion in both situations can be uniform, considering the presence of friction. It is argued that kinetic friction depends on the normal force, not just the weight of the block. The solution also depends on the coefficient of kinetic friction. However, it is unclear what exactly the solution is trying to solve for.
irrehaare
in first situation block is pulled with force F .

in second situation we have the same block with the same force F but under angel 60 degrees.

it is possible that in both situation motion is uniform. ?? (we have friction)

so imo it isn't possible because The block is in the both situation in motion, so we have kinetic friction and it's depends on a gravitacion force, so in both situation should be the same.

My thought is correct or no? somebody could give me an answer ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Careful: The kinetic friction depends on the normal force, not just the weight of the block. When the force F is applied at an angle, the normal force changes.

Thx now i correctmy solution
i have somthing like this:

F-uQ=0
and
F/2 - u(Q-Fcos60)=0

my result is:
u=3/cos60
so the solution depends on the u (coefficient of kinetic friction)

Now am J correct ?

Not sure what you are doing here, or what you are trying to solve for.

In situation 1, where the applied force is horizontal:
- the normal force equals the weight of the object [itex]N = mg[/itex]
- the net horizontal force is [itex]F - \mu N[/itex]

In situation 2, where the applied force is at an angle with respect to the horizontal:
- the normal force equals [itex]N = mg - F\sin \theta[/itex]
- the net horizontal force is [itex]F \cos \theta - \mu N[/itex]

(I'm moving this to the homework help section.)

1. What is kinetic friction?

Kinetic friction is the force that resists the motion of two objects that are in contact with each other and moving relative to one another.

2. How is kinetic friction different from static friction?

Kinetic friction occurs when two objects are already in motion, whereas static friction occurs when there is no relative motion between the two objects.

3. How do you measure the amount of kinetic friction?

Kinetic friction is typically measured by conducting an experiment where the force required to keep an object moving at a constant velocity is measured.

4. What factors affect the amount of kinetic friction?

The amount of kinetic friction is affected by the type of surfaces in contact, their roughness, the normal force between the objects, and the speed of motion.

5. How can I reduce the amount of kinetic friction?

The amount of kinetic friction can be reduced by using lubricants between the surfaces, smoothing out rough surfaces, and reducing the normal force between the objects.