What are some non-Java interactive websites for trigonometry?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a request for three interactive websites that demonstrate sine, cosine, and tangent without the use of Java or Flash. The individual was struggling to find suitable websites and eventually discovered some options through a Google search. They clarified that they needed server side applications and not Java or Flash, and thanked those who had provided assistance. They also mentioned that Javascript is not the same as Java.
Ragnor
I recently was given an assignment to find three interactive websites that refer to sine, cosine, and tangent. This wouldn't be a problem... if it weren't for the fact that the laptops they are required to run on do not have Java, and cannot load the applets. I need the URLs for these sites by no later than, say, eleven o' clock tonight.

I'm posting here because I simply can NOT find a website that does not utilize Java applets, and am at the end of my tether. Any websites would be greatly, greatly appretiated. They can be emailed to jpgohlke@gmail.com.

Thanks for all your help.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Have you tried to google "trigonometry"? You will get lots of web sites. See if any will do.

www.mathworldd.com[/URL]

any game dev site would use lots ofd trig but not actually have trig demos

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem isn't lack of websites. It's that all the websites rely on Java Applets to run their programs/all the interactive parts. As I said, I can't use Java, so I need things that are server side or use some other format. I just discovered that flash doesn't work either... heh.

...That's exactly the opposite of what I need. What I'm saying is that I need things that do not use Java. They can not use Flash, either. They need to be server side applications. .php, .asp, whatever.

Anyhow, it doesn't matter now. It's all worked out, thanks for all your help.

Ragnor said:
...That's exactly the opposite of what I need. What I'm saying is that I need things that do not use Java. They can not use Flash, either. They need to be server side applications. .php, .asp, whatever.

Anyhow, it doesn't matter now. It's all worked out, thanks for all your help.

FYI: "Javascript is not Java"
http://www.google.com/search?q="javascript+is+not+java"

1. What is Interactive Trigonometry?

Interactive Trigonometry is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of triangles and their properties. It is often used to solve problems involving angles, distances, and heights.

2. How is Interactive Trigonometry different from regular Trigonometry?

Interactive Trigonometry utilizes technology, such as computer software or online tools, to help visualize and solve problems. This allows for a more hands-on and interactive learning experience compared to traditional pen and paper methods.

3. What are the applications of Interactive Trigonometry?

Interactive Trigonometry has many real-world applications, including navigation, engineering, architecture, and astronomy. It is also used in video game development and computer graphics.

4. Is Interactive Trigonometry difficult to learn?

Like any subject, the difficulty of learning Interactive Trigonometry depends on the individual. However, with the help of interactive tools, it can be a more engaging and enjoyable learning experience compared to traditional methods.

5. Can I use Interactive Trigonometry for other subjects?

Yes, Interactive Trigonometry can be applied to other subjects such as physics, geometry, and calculus. It is a fundamental tool in many mathematical and scientific fields.

Back