Is this Circuit Actually a Second Order in Terms of Transfer Function?

In summary, frequency response is the measurement of a system's response to different frequencies of input signals. It is important in designing and analyzing systems and is typically measured by applying varying input signals and plotting the resulting output. Amplitude and phase response are both important aspects of frequency response. Techniques such as equalization can be used to improve frequency response in systems such as audio equipment.
seang
Hello, I'm studying the attached circuit in my first order frequency response chapter, and I swear this thing is a second order circuit (in terms of the transfer function v1/v2), am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• room.jpg
    room.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 423
Engineering news on Phys.org
Only one reactive element, so it's first order.

can you show us the response you derived so far?

1. What is frequency response?

Frequency response is a measurement of how a system responds to different frequencies of input signals. It shows the amplitude and phase of the output signal compared to the input signal at different frequencies.

2. Why is frequency response important?

Frequency response is important because it helps us understand how a system will behave when different frequencies of signals are applied. This information is crucial in designing and analyzing systems, such as electronic circuits, audio equipment, and communication systems.

3. How is frequency response measured?

Frequency response is typically measured by applying a known input signal of varying frequencies to the system and measuring the resulting output signal. This data is then plotted on a graph to show the system's response at different frequencies.

4. What is the difference between amplitude and phase response in frequency response?

Amplitude response refers to the change in output signal amplitude compared to the input signal at different frequencies, while phase response refers to the change in output signal phase compared to the input signal at different frequencies. Both amplitude and phase response are important in understanding the behavior of a system.

5. How can frequency response be improved?

Frequency response can be improved by using techniques such as equalization, which adjusts the amplitudes of different frequencies to achieve a more desired response. This can be done in various systems, such as audio systems, to achieve a more balanced and accurate sound.