Kitten Lovers: Cuteness Overload

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Evo
In summary: I screamed like a little girl and the animal control guy threw the bag over the cat's head and squeezed. The cat went limp in the bag. It was one of the scariest things I've ever done, but I made it out unscathed. So I'm not exactly scared of cats, but I am definitely cautios about getting scratched by them. In summary, Moonbear was telling the story of how her cat Ember is doing, and how she is going through the terrible twos now. She also mentions how Ember is teaching her how to throw around kitty litter, and how the stray cat that had kittens a few
lisab said:
Sweet Miss Phoebe constantly surprises me by learning new things.

Or maybe I should say, she is constantly finding new ways to teach me how to serve her. I must say, I'm a pretty good student :blushing:.

Her new one: she plays piano when she wants to be fed. She was doing it today, but of course as soon as I got the camera out she stopped, simply sat down, and wouldn't even look at me. I guess she was mad that I was taking her picture instead of feeding her...which I did right after I took this pic.

2m64ow5.jpg

what a kitten you got there Lisab! I guess she’s hard to please :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
1251521410848.jpg

These cats are very cute!
http://simpleinterestcalculator.org [/color]​

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm certain that all cat servants know this drill: you get up from your chair to go to do something (get a drink/go to the restroom/eat/answer the phone/ etc.). You come back and your cat is in a deep, deep, deep sleep in the warm place where you were sitting.

So tonight I tried something new...I put my laptop where I was sitting. There! That will hold my spot, the perfect place holder.

NOT!

a2ccag.jpg

Aaaahhh...I love my Sweet Miss Phoebe :smile:.

lisab said:
I'm certain that all cat servants know this drill: you get up from your chair to go to do something (get a drink/go to the restroom/eat/answer the phone/ etc.). You come back and your cat is in a deep, deep, deep sleep in the warm place where you were sitting.

So tonight I tried something new...I put my laptop where I was sitting. There! That will hold my spot, the perfect place holder.

NOT!

a2ccag.jpg

Aww, how sweet.

Well, a few years ago I had my work laptop open and left it. When I came back, the computer wasn't working. My male cat had "marked" it. It seems laptops have a low tolerance for cat spray. :redface:

lisab said:

NOT!

That is adorable, LisaB. Who had Phoebe written to?

I realize she's not a kitten, per se, but she's a kitten to me.

HPIM0399.jpg

After a long day's travel, Bean climbed to the top platform of her scratching post and was promptly unconscious for a very long time.

I think Ember only sleeps when I'm not home. The whole rest of the time, she's plotting her attacks. I would never be able to sneak up and get a picture of her in a sleeping pose like that. The moment I move to reach for the camera, she's on full alert.

I think the problem Phoebe has is that you've been obviously sitting in her spot, lisab! :biggrin: Ember and I sit across from each other, usually. She gets the loveseat and I get the sofa. Sometimes she opts for the back of the sofa. If I have a blanket on my feet, she'll sit on my feet. They must be too cold otherwise.

GeorginaS said:
That is adorable, LisaB. Who had Phoebe written to?

To Gizmo of course, something about black charm.

2gtvr4w.jpg

And a little bit earlier technology:

laptop_cat.jpg

This computer was getting quite warm during work. Guess in which place it was getting warm :smile:

It was also pretty easy to warm yourself just by carrying it around :yuck:

Last edited:
While looking for the portable catputer picture I found another one, taken at about the same time. Cat have seen us opening the door and he knew it is basically a matter of pushing door handle down:

door_cat.jpg

He never succeded though, spring was too hard.

is there an anti-kitten lovers, I need it :cry:

they are awesome kittens. Gizmo that copycat! I sleep on my keyboard too

Borek said:
Cat have seen us opening the door and he knew it is basically a matter of pushing door handle down:
We had to reverse the door handle so it lifted up - it was the only way not to be woken each morning by a cat on the bed.

The same cat could open the fridge door - she never ate anything, just liked to lay in front of it to keep cool in summer.

I had bathroom sink faucet handles that were L shaped instead of round and the cats learned that they could hook their paw around it and turn the faucet on. They much prefer fresh running water to stagnant bowl water and I'd come home and hear water running. I had to remember to close all bathroom doors. A couple of them also taught themselves to use the toilet. The first time I walked by the bathroom and heard someone urinating in the toilet when I knew I was alone in the house was a heart stopper.

Evo said:
A couple of them also taught themselves to use the toilet. The first time I walked by the bathroom and heard someone urinating in the toilet when I knew I was alone in the house was a heart stopper.
It's teaching them to flush that's tricky

An inquisitive kitty.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=16699693

Pardon the commerical up front.

Know any gift shakers?

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2009/05/funny-pictures-gift-kitten-was-shaken.jpg

Here is the newest member of our household.
kitten071.jpg

Integral said:
Here is the newest member of our household.
kitten071.jpg
Oh my goodness! How old male female? Story?

She is about 17weeks. My wife spotted an ad for free kittens the week before Thanksgiving and gave them a call. It turned out to be a friend of my wife's from grade school days who had cats with 2 different litters. One litter living inside while the other was kept in a outside cattery. We picked up this little girl from the front porch on the way in. My wife was leaning to one of the inside cats. But try as they might they could only get ahold of one them. Meanwhile I was holding this kitten (Kona) and she was just purring away. We kept her.

The fun part came when we brought her home and introduced her to the pack.

Feb09008.jpg

Turns out she is absolutely fearless, she has never been bothered by any of their noise and posturing. Now she is seeing those nice pompom tails as convenient cat toys.

Our 2 old cats do not approve of her but have stopped hissing on sight of her, now they just glare.

Last edited:
She's beautiful! Look at those copper eyes! And I love your sweet doggins, too.

Oh how cute! Lovely animals Integral.

I'm still devastated by the recent death of my cat, so it will be awhile before I consider taking another. I still have my crazy little dog.

Here she is with Chunky glaring in the background. This good though, at least he is staying in the room!

Kitten015.jpg

Today playing with Meja.

Kitten028.jpg

And hard at work on the computer.
Kitten002.jpg

Sorry about your cat Evo, losing pets is tough. Fuzzy the father of our cats passed away when he was only 6yrs old. It was just a month or so after his best friend our old Pomeranian died. We think he just could not get over the loss of his friend.

Integral said:
Here she is with Chunky glaring in the background. This good though, at least he is staying in the room!

Kitten015.jpg

Great cats and dogs, but I especially love buttons on the couch - they look as additional pair of eyes :smile:

Kitten lovers are allowed to serve openly in the military.

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/political-pictures-priorities-kittens.jpg

Here's a cute shot of little E and Mr. Big. He jumped up on her blanket while she was sleeping propped in the chair after one of our walks... she soon woke up and instantly started babbling at him. He's since lost his adoption center collar and gained a nice black collar with some rhinestone bling.

12_22_2009%20037_25p.jpg

That's so cute - love E's little outfit!

physics girl phd said:
Here's a cute shot of little E and Mr. Big. He jumped up on her blanket while she was sleeping propped in the chair after one of our walks... she soon woke up and instantly started babbling at him. He's since lost his adoption center collar and gained a nice black collar with some rhinestone bling.
E and B. Very Maxwellian. :biggrin:

Here are P & D

15gxclu.jpg

D observing P's saying prayers.

Meet Tanner. He was put to final rest yesterday. He was suffering from cancer, and my friend decided it was time to end the suffering.

Tanner, my friend and I had some good times together. We miss him very much. :frown: :cry:

Tanner used to greet us at the door, and lie down to get a back and belly rub.

RIP, little buddy.

Attachments

• Tanner looking up Aug 09sml.jpg
    Tanner looking up Aug 09sml.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
This is Simon. He was a VERY vocal cat, and quite demonstrative when he wanted to be scratched or get ear-rubs. He met an untimely end not long after I got this shot, thanks to a neighbor with an un-leashed Rottweiler. My cousin and her family were devastated.

simon1.jpg

Astronuc and turbo, are you two trying to make me cry?

They're both beautiful cats. I'm glad they were well loved while they were here.

We had another sad story with my neighbor's cat last week - relatively young tomcat (castrated) lost to urinary problems. Two or three days and Gucio was gone :frown: He was ruling the area.

Astronuc said:
Meet Tanner. He was put to final rest yesterday. He was suffering from cancer, and my friend decided it was time to end the suffering.

Tanner, my friend and I had some good times together. We miss him very much. :frown: :cry:

Tanner used to greet us at the door, and lie down to get a back and belly rub.

RIP, little buddy.

Oh I'm so sorry, Astro :cry:.

Makes me want to give Sweet Miss Phoebe an extra cuddle this morning.