Is Microsoft's Online Library Check Worth $1 Billion?

In summary, the conversation touched on the use of a new technology, Microsoft's dissatisfaction with a news article, and their involvement in a book service war and a potential payment for patent infringement.
ziad1985
Anyone used this so far?
what do you think?

Physics news on Phys.org
This is beautiful. I didn't even know about this. Thank you.

ziad1985 said:
Microsoft is not happy with that:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6422471.stm

Screw Microsoft. I could only LOL at their sheer hypocrisy when I read this comment from their hired bloodsucker : "Companies that create no content of their own, and make money solely on the backs of other people's content, are raking in billions through advertising revenue and IPOs". Yeah, right. Pot, meet kettle, etc.

It's a book service war, Microsoft is offering online check of a Library in England...
Microsoft is going to pay around 1b$ to some French software company for patent infringement.

1. How do I use Google Books?

To use Google Books, simply go to the Google Books website and type in the title, author, or keywords of the book you are looking for. You can also filter your search by publication date, language, and more. Once you find a book you are interested in, you can either read it online or purchase a physical copy.

2. Can I download books from Google Books?

Yes, you can download certain books from Google Books. However, not all books are available for download. Some books may only be available for preview, while others may require you to purchase them.

3. Is Google Books free to use?

Yes, Google Books is free to use. You can search for and view books online without any cost. However, some books may require you to purchase them in order to read the full version.

4. How accurate are the books on Google Books?

The accuracy of the books on Google Books can vary. Since the books are scanned and uploaded by users, there may be some errors or missing pages. However, Google does have a team that works to correct any errors and improve the quality of the books.

5. Can I upload my own books to Google Books?

Yes, you can upload your own books to Google Books. However, there is a process and certain guidelines that must be followed in order to do so. You can find more information about uploading books to Google Books on their website.