Which flower photo should I choose for the contest?

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
In summary, there is a flower power photo contest and the person is having trouble choosing which photo to post. There are hundreds of options but they are having a hard time deciding. They ask for advice and someone suggests the first butterfly photo (10th in the sequence). They also mention that all of the flower photos are beautiful and it's hard to choose. Another person suggests not using a Dahlia and asks what the contest is about. The conversation continues with discussions about different photos, with some favorites being the butterfly photos and a dislike for flower structures. The person ultimately decides to go with the first photo or maybe the second, and mentions that they prefer simple, natural, and light colors/things.
Andre
Okay so there is this flower power photo contest and I encounter this selection problem. Only hundreds more and only one to post. The short list:

344txd3.jpg

25kplbc.jpg

2evgaok.jpg

jrthmt.jpg

2dub9dv.jpg

2qxuzol.jpg

e8r1hz.jpg

s2haoo.jpg

2i7u8u8.jpg

2uek36b.jpg

2uojm75.jpg

ofxb4j.jpg

30uxwde.jpg

14mq2ro.jpg

Which one shall I post?

Attachments

• 344txd3.jpg
    344txd3.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 350
  • 25kplbc.jpg
    25kplbc.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 267
  • 2evgaok.jpg
    2evgaok.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 359
  • e8r1hz.jpg
    e8r1hz.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 309
  • 2qxuzol.jpg
    2qxuzol.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 274
  • 2dub9dv.jpg
    2dub9dv.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 372
  • jrthmt.jpg
    jrthmt.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 331
Physics news on Phys.org
It's really up to you, as to which one best represents your personal artistic attitude. For my two cents, I like the first butterfly one best (the 10th one in your sequence).

Whoa...Andre, all your flower shots are so unbelievable! It's nearly impossible to choose...but if I had to I guess it would be...D'OH! Can't do it!

OK, I guess the first one. Or the second. The one with the butterfly with the exact matching color is nice too, though.

Darn, really can't do it.

The most beautiful flower is a happy woman, but it seems to be missing from your list.

Just don't do the Dahlia,:uhh:

Aside from "Flower Power" what is the contest description? The question I would ask first is whether this particular contest is primarily about photography or primarily about flowers.

Definately the first picture.

my first and second choices:

2qxuzol.jpg

2uojm75.jpg

Love all the pics with the butterflies. Nice butterflies too. At the Butterfly Conversation here there is only many ugly butterfiles.

I'm not a fan of structures made of flowers though. I enjoy the natural look.

all butterflies (particularly # 10) + 1
everything else - 1

(I like simple, natural and light colors/things.. so I judged on the basis of that)

1. What is the meaning behind the phrase "Flowers, but which"?

The phrase "Flowers, but which" is a play on words that highlights the diversity and complexity of the flower species. It suggests that there are numerous types of flowers, but which one is being referred to specifically.

2. How many different types of flowers are there?

There are over 400,000 known species of flowers, with new ones being discovered every year. However, it is estimated that there could be millions of different types of flowers in the world.

3. How do flowers reproduce?

Flowers reproduce through a process called pollination. This is when pollen from the male reproductive organs of a flower is transferred to the female reproductive organs of another flower, resulting in the production of seeds.

4. What is the purpose of flowers?

Flowers serve several purposes, including reproduction, attracting pollinators, and providing food for animals. They also have cultural and aesthetic significance, often used in celebrations and as decorations.

5. How do flowers differ from other plants?

While flowers are a type of plant, they differ from other plants in their reproductive structures and methods. Flowers have unique structures, such as petals and stamens, and rely on pollinators for reproduction, while other plants may reproduce through spores or wind dispersal.