Understanding Integral Help: A Comprehensive Solution for Your Questions

• Thread starter transgalactic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integral
In summary: Therefore, the equation is -I=dQ/dt.In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of current density and its relation to charge and the surface of a sphere. It is mentioned that the current density must be integrated if it is not constant along the surface. The total charge is the sum of separate charges, including the initial charge and the charge caused by the current over time. The surface vector points in the same direction as the current density, and the unit vectors \hat{r} and \hat{n} are used to represent this. The conversation also discusses the direction of the current and the charge and the use of negative signs to account for this.
transgalactic
a question and a solution is here

http://i42.tinypic.com/2qch7vo.gif

J=I/A
V=qE(\tao)/me

by the intervals iknow that they are scanning the whole sphere
I=J*S (the double integral is S)
why
they are doing Q_0 -Q(t) ??

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I=JA is only valid if the current density is constant along the surface. If it is not, as always, you have to integrate.

[itex]
dI=\vec{J}\cdot d\vec{a} \Rightarrow I=\int \vec{J}\cdot d\vec{a}
[/itex]

In this case the current density is different along the surface of the sphere, but luckily the surface vector points in the same direction as the current density, so the integral reduces to [itex]I=\int J da[/itex].

You know two boundary conditions [itex]Q(0)=Q_0[/itex], [itex]I(0)=0[/itex] and [itex]Q_{tot}(t)=Q_0+Q(t)[/itex]. Evaluate the integrals and solve the integration constant using the boundary conditions.

Last edited:
on what basis you say that I(0)=0
on what basis you say Q_total(t)=Q_0+Q(t)
how do you know that surface vector points in the same direction as the current density
??

The total charge is the sum of the separate charges. What are the separate charges? Q_0, and the charge the current causes the sphere to have over time. At t=0 it is given that the sphere only possesses a charge Q_0, so there needs to be zero contribution from the current.
J points in the rhat direction. Any normal vector, nhat, on a sphere is a vector perpendicular to the surface of the sphere. Therefore nhat=rhat and rhat.rhat=1.

Last edited:
whats rhat and nhat ??

They are the unit vectors [itex]\hat{r}, \hat{n}[/itex].

we have already done
[tex]
I=\int J da
[/tex]
we have some expresion
and i know the law of I=dq/dt (derivative of Q)
but why they say that its -I=dq/dt (minus derivative of Q)
??

Last edited:
why minus
??

They are keeping track of directions. From the page you posted, "The current is directed along the positive [itex]\hat{r}[/itex] axis (away from the charge inside the sphere).

I read this as meaning that the current is moving outward, but Q increases in the opposite direction; that is Q decreases (so dQ/dt is negative) in the direction I is flowing. I and dQ/dt have the same magnitudes, but opposite signes.

What is Integral Help and how does it work?

Integral Help is a comprehensive solution that combines various methods and approaches to provide a holistic approach to understanding complex problems. It works by integrating different perspectives and disciplines to create a more complete understanding of a particular issue.

What are the benefits of using Integral Help?

Using Integral Help can provide a deeper understanding of complex issues and can help identify blind spots or biases that may exist. It can also lead to more effective problem-solving and decision-making by considering multiple perspectives and finding common ground.

Who can benefit from using Integral Help?

Anyone who is facing a complex problem or has questions that require a more comprehensive approach can benefit from using Integral Help. This can include individuals, organizations, or communities.

What methods or approaches are included in Integral Help?

Integral Help incorporates various methods and approaches such as systems thinking, developmental psychology, and integral theory. It also draws from disciplines such as sociology, philosophy, and spirituality to provide a well-rounded understanding.

How can I access Integral Help?

Integral Help can be accessed through workshops, coaching, or consulting services. There are also numerous resources available online, including books, articles, and videos, that can provide an introduction to Integral Help and its application.