Life After Death: Heaven, Hell or Something Else?

• Thread starter HIGHLYTOXIC
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Death Life
In summary: We will just disappear. In summary, this guy is saying that the concepts of Heaven and hell are just fabricated to make death easy to accept & to prevent misdeeds & crimes. He also says that the story of Jesus in the bible is based in math. However, his theorem is all wrong. Songs have a three part sum, thought has five levels, we are indisputably four dimensional when we die, and that Jesus fits into the triangle equality part of the triangle inequality, due to his immortality. So the bible isn't tested in math, but is instead tested in the Great New Indisputable Math that can only be known after the rapture. So there is no revelation, and we will just disappear

Do you believe in Life After Death?

• Total voters
HIGHLYTOXIC
What happens after Death??

Heaven? Hell? what??

Is there another life after it?

IMO, this is bull****...The concepts of things like Heaven & hell are just fabricated to make death easy to accept & to prevent misdeeds & crimes...

What do you ppl think of this?

Physics news on Phys.org
Please see my recent post on "Destiny" thread. We are energy and move on to another form. I can not and will not rule out reincarnation.

Heaven and hell are mythological places. The bible and the acient writings were presented in terms for that time. We need new writings and ideas.

You and I are as divinely inspired as the acients. Post away! Who knows, you may even create the new myth.

love&peace,
olde drunk

HIGHLYTOXIC said:

Heaven? Hell? what??

IMO, this is bull****...The concepts of things like Heaven & hell are just fabricated to make death easy to accept & to prevent misdeeds & crimes...

yesicanread said:

- We sing. In this there is a 2 part sum = the song.
That's my postulate.

Now the second part of this song is the inspirational feeling.

- Music expresses humanity, and expresses birds n stuff.
Thought expresses humanity, and the Earth's life.
Thought has 2 levels then. One is inspiration.

- If when we die. We are flat, a flat sound. Then we are as flat as a plane.
The plane has the Triangle inequality theorem: A<B+C, B<C+A, C<B+A

See there is a flat part, and a two beat part - or a inspirational part.

- The flat partof the plane is < than the two added parts = emotion and thought.

- So when we are flat/dead. We are flat, no happy sound, like a plane. But t hat plane has to have two parts greater than the flat part. We are experiencing thought, and emotion! Even though we are flat as a plane to those that experience emotion and joy through our works even though we be dead.

Also the story of Jesus being made sin correlates with the Triangle inequality theorem.

The Triangle inequality theorem = Triangle inequality theorem.

So where does this mystical character fit in this formula ?

Why in the Triangle inequality theorem part of the Triangle inequality theorem.

So. The full idea this book the bible has of Jesus is based in math.
The Triangle inequality theorem to be exact.

So. Since that book has math that's testable in it. It may be said that Heaven exists as well as hell. Since this characyer in this book said so, and he is a math testable Argument.

Now either you believe him, this character or not, about heaven or hell. But now you know what humble facts I can honestly give you.

I'm not trying to preach a sermon. This fellow asked about a place in a well known book, and I was relating to him about it. I also answered him about death.

Please don lock the thread.
:yuck:

So there is the story of death, and the story of the character Jesus in the book the bible.

Last edited:
So where does this mystical character fit in this formula ?

Why in the Triangle inequality theorem part of the Triangle inequality theorem.

So. The full idea this book the bible has of Jesus is based in math.

:uhh:

On the contrary, your theorem is all wrong. Songs have a three part sum, thought has five levels, we are indisputably four dimensional when we die, and that Jesus fits into the triangle equality part of the triangle inequality, due to his immortality. Therefore the bible isn't tested in math, but is instead tested in the Great New Indisputable Math that can only be known after the rapture.

It's really quite simple!

Locrian said:
:uhh:

On the contrary, your theorem is all wrong. Songs have a three part sum, thought has five levels, we are indisputably four dimensional when we die, and that Jesus fits into the triangle equality part of the triangle inequality, due to his immortality. Therefore the bible isn't tested in math, but is instead tested in the Great New Indisputable Math that can only be known after the rapture.

It's really quite simple!

To test you to prove me wrong about my music. I'll get you to play a song you like. Then sing "OOMPA", along with the music like your playing a instrument. Then when you hear the inspirational part of your song sing "BOOMPA", as soulfully and excellently as you can, like Mario Carey.

If you do this test. You'll see music is made of two parts. Also thought is expressed as human expression, as is music. So my ideas on the two being similar is plausible.

Now about the revelation. We have nothing to boast of Paul says in Romans. The rapture would cause boasting, so there will be NO boasting of it. For it will not happen to cause boasting.

I always laugh now when people say they don't believe in God or the life of the soul because we were created by God. And we were created out of love and that love grants us the freedom to say we don't believe in our creator lol.

If you consider this world and this life seriously for even a moment you have to see there is an underlying intelligence in every cell and microbe that exists. Even on the large scale things behave with a purpose. Earth spins around the sun like a clock, but nooooooooo we live in chaos people say.

The argument of wether heaven or hell exists must break down to it's simplest element before it can move on and out to larger topics, and that is do we have a soul. That is, an inner spirit that is like a man but in spirit. I'm telling you we do, but it cannot be proved by science because it is not in space, rather it is in a 'state.' The nearest I can come to 'proof' of the soul is our dreams . . . and that's a whole nother topic.

yesicanread said:
To test you to prove me wrong about my music. I'll get you to play a song you like. Then sing "OOMPA", along with the music like your playing a instrument. Then when you hear the inspirational part of your song sing "BOOMPA", as soulfully and excellently as you can, like Mario Carey.

But then finish with "Doopedy Do" for the final unadulterated parts!

For it will not happen to cause boasting.

No, but there will be seven golden lampstands. Are you prepared for the septangle inequality?? Have you even tried??

Life, death...

Scientists and thinkersare now veering round to the idea that the concept of "self" is an illusion.There simply is no ghost inside the machine! (But what an astounding machine that mindless evolution has wrought!)
So out goes everything; self, soul, freewill, and...God

Well if you ask how did we get here, there are two posabilities.

1. Everything came into being by chance.

2. Someone made it.

In both case you have the same and therefore equally valid delema that something
always existed.

1. Matter or energy.

2. Some entity.

Option 1 leaves you with no point or purpose to life, you may as well end the misery now.

Option 2 means you exist for a reason.

I happen to like option 2 better.

I suppose both have the possability of an after life though option 1 is just recycling.

In following option 2, I for several reasons try to live by the teaching of Christ.
In doing so I find the principals he gives to bare out in reality in their effect on my
being. More than this there have been many opportunities to pray and to see these
prayers answered. Like the time I prayed for a couple whom the doctors told get used to the idea of never having children. After years of futile trying, she was pregnant within weeks of prayer. Another time the church prayed for a baby whose body was riddled with many cancers. That child is now completely clear of it. Another child had moluscs which is verry difficult to treat and takes a long time to cure if ever. Within days of prayer, it was gone. All these and much more I have personally witnessed among family friends church and elsewhere. Therefore I trust Christ's teaching which
includes the idea of mans imortal soul which lives on after death in one of 2 conditions.
Which is up to you.

Regards,
Ken

If prayer could really cause change then there would be chaos! Because you pray for something, and then it happens, does not mean you caused it. Many people die horrible deaths, it does not mean there is no God and no one is praying for them.

ken said:
Well if you ask how did we get here, there are two posabilities.

1. Everything came into being by chance.

2. Someone made it.

In both case you have the same and therefore equally valid delema that something
always existed.

1. Matter or energy.

2. Some entity.

Option 1 leaves you with no point or purpose to life, you may as well end the misery now.

Option 2 means you exist for a reason.

I happen to like option 2 better.

First of all, option 1 still has a purpose and a point. I do not think that most athiests would want to end their life because someone with a weak argument thought that life without a creater is meaningless. Just because everything you know has a beginning and an end does not mean that the universe is that way. that's just an assumption. What if the universe has always existed and always will?
That would add a third number to your list. What if your creator made you but has no purpose for you? Hell, what if the only reason he made you was to follow his will and serve him? Sounds like a slave driver to me. Oh and by the way, just because you happen to like option 2 better, ( most likely a security issue) does not make it anymore valid than option 1.

Mani quotes the thinking of many; i.e., "...self is an illusion." This has been proven to me through my own mediative experience. Self is a construct and not a solid state. It's constantly changing. Not only are the physical body's cells renewed constantly, but your inner being is in constant motion due to your experiences. Are you the same Self you were 5, 10 years ago? You will say no, if you are honest. I look back at my life (I'm 58) and see a road map with many vistas of selves I thought were me, only to move on and realize I am a journey - an energy moving through the landscape of action and inaction - The Watcher of the self, the Pilgrim. Whether in Form or in No Form, we are in the sea of causality. Energy cannot die. It transforms. Remember?

Evernow

pagenses said:
If prayer could really cause change then there would be chaos! Because you pray for something, and then it happens, does not mean you caused it. Many people die horrible deaths, it does not mean there is no God and no one is praying for them.

If it were a one off or even a few times like other coincidences I would agree,
that is no proof. Probably no proof if taken as any single event on it's own.
However when this sort of thing occurs very consistantly I think we have to suspect there is a correlation. It's a bit like the smoking causes lung cancer
argument. For decades, we all knew there was a correlation between the
two even though no causative mechanism could be defined.

The issue of prayer is a difficult one because we are dealing with a suspected spiritual reality. Our science is incapable of revealing causation here.
However I would like to point out that if you work from an original assumption
of an entity creating the universe, then spiritual reality is primary.
Physical reality is then subjuct to it. So how can prayer by physical
beings affect reality. I think the answer is clear that only prayer that is in
agreement with (comes as a response to) the creator entity can become
reality. Also we have prophetic writing that if they have come as a
revelation from the creator, give clues to spiritual principals to apply
to reveal the causative link between prayer and changes to reality.
Humans do not have that kind of ability to make prayer real.
The Creator does. It would the stupid and arrogant to think we could in
any way manipulate such a creator, rather it's the other way round.
The Creator does not create chaos but order and that is why prayer does not
result in chaos.

I have spent many years, decades looking into this and only in recent years, do I see consistant results from prayer.

Regards,
Ken

HIGHLYTOXIC said:

Heaven? Hell? what??

if humans find death is painful and that the concept of Heaven can help them to soothe the pain, what is wrong with that? does that mean that they are not strong enough compared to those who doesn't believe ? humans are smart and they have found a way to overcome things like that. if it works, who care if heaven or hell exist or not? i am a practical person, i only care if it works or doesn't ; if i am in the situation.

and if it helps to prevent misdeeds and crimes, shouldn't everybody encourage that concept to flow ? or you don't agree it works.

pagenses said:

Hi

Sounds to me like your thinking of prayer as some kind of magic, where
your action causes a result. A prayer is a request. If you ask someone to
do something, either they will or not it's their choise not yours and how they
do it is not necessarily what you had in mind either. No one has God in their
pocket. It's the other way round. The Bible speaks of a relationship with
God and claims that whatever we ask in his name will be done for us.
"In his name" suggests representing his will, not ours. So it's more like
responding to a prompting he places in us and not comming from self.

One or a few events could be coincidence but when it happens regularly
it looks like a correlation. Causation is often suspected although the
mechanism is not fuly known or understood. Just like the link between
smoking and lung cancer. For decades, the link was well accepted
on the evidence of corelation but only recently proved.

Death has it's purpose releasing us from a fallen and corrupt existence.
All I can say is that in my experience, praying in such situations,
God has always been mercifull in this.

Regards,
Ken

>First of all, option 1 still has a purpose and a point. I do not think that most athiests would want to end their life because someone with a weak argument thought that life without a creater is meaningless.

If I did not believe in God, I would still find purpose in my life but that is not
the same as life itself having porpose. For something to have purpose,
there has to be an intention for that something. That's what purpose means.
If there is an intention, that can only come from something like a mind.
Therefore if life itself has a purpose, there must be some kind of mind entity
with an intention for life.

Actiually it's kind amusing to hear scientists say things like event tend to
order themselves. This kind of language is a thin mask for the conclusion
they are trying so deperatly to avoid. Such are not the properties of matter.

>Just because everything you know has a beginning and an end does not mean that the universe is that way. that's just an assumption. What if the universe has always existed and always will?

Exactly the delimma.
Either the universe always existed or God did.
Both are equally valid assumptions to begin from.

>That would add a third number to your list. What if your creator made you but has no purpose for you?

Do you really seriously think any intellegent entity creating such a complex
ordered universe would do so for no reason at all, even a trivial one?

>Hell, what if the only reason he made you was to follow his will and serve him? Sounds like a slave driver to me.

Then people would have no free will to choose between good and evil.
It fact those concepts would not exist because we would simply
automatically do what we were created to do.

>Oh and by the way, just because you happen to like option 2 better, ( most likely a security issue) does not make it anymore valid than option 1.[/QUOTE]

True, I'm just saying it's an equally valid point to start from.
"Security" issue, TV steriotypes arn't real life you know.
These are really important questions in life. I went this way searching for
answers. I could have simply ignored the issue and I could then do whatever
I liked but no. Over decades, the more I follow this path, the more sure it
seems and the more I have to sacrifice. So no it's not because it's
comfortable or easy or even that I like it. It's the last thing I would want
to choose. It's hard and difficult I've had to give up a very great deal
constantly at war with myself. I choose it because it seems to be the trueth.

Regards,
Ken

people don't believe things because things never happen to them.
people don't believe things because they have already given up at the first place.
people don't believe things because they tend to protect themselves from being hurt and disappointed. they might once choose to believe, try really hard and eventually it didn't come out as what they had expected.

Last edited:
if life after death was fake, then life now is fake, and if all is fake, then this, which we are witnessing isn't real, the origin of all origins, is originless, the end of all ends, is endless...

Life after death, and life before birth are all existence beyond big bang - big crunch, there are things greater than start / end, things like infinity, which is a scientific fact, that we human being should consider in examining the universe.

Thanks to god for his knowledge and wisdom, thanks to god for his mercy and blessings, may god guide us all, may peace upon us all...

Love

Ilm i.e. Science.

Q: Is there scientific evidence for life after death?

There is currently no scientific evidence that definitively proves the existence of an afterlife. However, some individuals and organizations claim to have conducted research on near-death experiences and reincarnation that they argue provide evidence for an afterlife. These claims are often met with skepticism and have not been widely accepted by the scientific community.

Q: What are the major beliefs about the afterlife?

The afterlife is a concept that has been explored by many different religions and belief systems. Some believe in a heaven and hell, where individuals are rewarded or punished based on their actions in life. Others believe in reincarnation, where the soul is reborn into a new body after death. Some belief systems also include the idea of limbo or purgatory, where souls go for purification before entering into the afterlife.

Q: Can we ever truly know what happens after we die?

As scientists, our understanding of the world is based on empirical evidence and observation. Death is a part of the natural cycle of life, and what happens after we die is largely unknown and unobservable. Therefore, it is unlikely that we will ever have a definitive answer about the afterlife.

Q: Is the concept of an afterlife compatible with science?

Many scientists argue that the concept of an afterlife is not compatible with the laws of physics and biology. The idea of a soul or consciousness existing outside of the physical body goes against our current understanding of the natural world. However, others argue that science does not have all the answers and that there may be aspects of the afterlife that are beyond our current understanding.

Q: How do cultural and personal beliefs influence our ideas about the afterlife?

Cultural and personal beliefs play a significant role in shaping our ideas about the afterlife. Our beliefs about what happens after we die are often based on our upbringing, religion, and personal experiences. These beliefs can vary greatly and may influence how we view and understand the concept of an afterlife.