Can You Help Me Find a Heart Beat Detector Circuit with LED Display?

In summary, a heart beat detector, also known as an electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) machine, is a medical device that measures and records a person's heart rate and rhythm. It works by using electrodes to detect the electrical signals of the heart and display the results on a monitor or print them out. This device is important for diagnosing and monitoring heart conditions and is considered safe for use. While there are portable versions for at-home use, it is recommended to have a healthcare professional perform the test for accurate results.
benzun_1999
can anyone sugest me a good heart beat detector circuit. note the circuit must detect the current from the heart and LED display in a column.

-Benzun

Engineering news on Phys.org
I'd found this in a search to use the soundcard as an A/D and is pretty close to being right in the ballpark of your question. And since you're not connecting to a computer the isolation isn't a major issue.

http://www.eng.utah.edu/~jnguyen/ecg/ecg_index.html

Sure, I'd be happy to help you find a heart beat detector circuit with LED display. There are many different options available, but one that I would recommend is the "Heart Rate Monitor with LED Display" circuit from CircuitDigest.com. This circuit uses an infrared phototransistor to detect changes in blood flow and display the heart rate on an LED matrix display. It also has the option to display the heart rate in a column, as you requested. I hope this helps and best of luck with your project!

1. What is a heart beat detector?

A heart beat detector is a medical device that is used to monitor and record a person's heart rate and rhythm. It is also commonly known as an electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) machine.

2. How does a heart beat detector work?

A heart beat detector works by using electrodes attached to the skin to measure the electrical activity of the heart. The electrodes detect the electrical signals generated by the heart and transmit them to the machine, which then displays the heart rate and rhythm on a monitor or prints out a graph.

3. Why is a heart beat detector important?

A heart beat detector is important because it helps healthcare professionals diagnose and monitor various heart conditions. It can also be used during medical procedures or surgeries to ensure the heart is functioning properly.

4. Is a heart beat detector safe?

Yes, a heart beat detector is considered to be a safe medical device. The electrodes used do not emit any harmful radiation, and the machine itself does not pose any risk to the patient.

5. Can a heart beat detector be used at home?

Yes, there are portable heart beat detectors that can be used at home for personal monitoring. However, for accurate and reliable results, it is recommended to have a healthcare professional perform the test in a clinical setting.