Calculating E Field in an Infinitely Long Solenoid with Time Dependent B Field

In summary, a time dependant B field is a magnetic field that changes in strength and/or direction over time. It differs from a constant B field in that it is not fixed in strength and direction. Time dependant B fields have various applications in fields such as electromagnetism, electronics, and medical imaging, and can be produced by changing electric current, moving electric charges, or electromagnetic induction. The units of measurement for time dependant B fields are typically Tesla (T), but smaller units like microtesla (μT) and millitesla (mT) are also commonly used.
moonman
How would I go about doing this problem? I have an infinitely long solenoid with a time dependant magnetic field inside. How can I find the E field?
I've been trying something with Ampere's law, but I'm having trouble avoiding an infinite answer. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Hint #1: Do you know Faraday's Law?

Hint #2: Why are you using Ampere's Law? You already have the expression for the B field right?

Why don't you post the problem in its entirety?It would be much nicer to fomulate an opinion,if i knew what i was talking about.

Daniel.

What is a time dependant B field?

A time dependant B field is a magnetic field that changes in strength and/or direction over time. This can be caused by a varying electric current or by moving electric charges.

How is a time dependant B field different from a constant B field?

A constant B field has a constant strength and direction, while a time dependant B field changes in strength and/or direction over time.

What are the applications of time dependant B fields?

Time dependant B fields have various applications in fields such as electromagnetism, electronics, and medical imaging. They are also used in devices such as electric motors and generators.

How are time dependant B fields produced?

Time dependant B fields can be produced by changing the electric current in a conductor or by moving electric charges. They can also be produced by electromagnetic induction.

What are the units of measurement for time dependant B fields?

The SI unit for magnetic field strength is Tesla (T). However, smaller units such as microtesla (μT) and millitesla (mT) are often used for time dependant B fields.