Register to reply

Second order differential equations

by derick007
Tags: differential, equations, order
Share this thread:
derick007
Feb1-13, 08:08 AM
P: 1
Hi all, this is my first post so please bear with me - any advice/support would be warmly welcomed. I have been doing some work on a simple RLC electronic circuit whose transfer function follows the standard second order transfer function.
The forcing function (input) is a periodic square wave function and I am trying to write an equation for the output - time based.

Please find 2 documents attached in which I have tried to develop equations for the output using 2 different methods. The first one is using complementary function and particular integrals (which I do not like). The second one uses Laplace transforms. I have found a time based equation but when i input times i do not think i am getting the correct output values. Can someone please have a look -
particularly the Laplace pdf.

Many thanks, derek
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LAPLACE.pdf (676.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: pdf CF&PI.pdf (507.4 KB, 8 views)
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Catching grease to cut grill pollution
Researchers develop tool to predict the level of driver discomfort caused by LED lighting
New inexpensive and easy to implement computer software provides real-time and highly accurate data on traffic

Register to reply