Register to reply

Series parallel LC tank circuit Resonant Frequency equation?

by bitencrypt
Tags: circuit, parallel, resonant, series, tank
Share this thread:
bitencrypt
Apr8-14, 06:18 PM
P: 3
Hi

How would I calculate a series-parallel LC circuit for resonance? I added up all the μH and pF for the equation, would that be correct? The inductors are in parallel, and the capacitors in series.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Catching grease to cut grill pollution
Researchers develop tool to predict the level of driver discomfort caused by LED lighting
New inexpensive and easy to implement computer software provides real-time and highly accurate data on traffic
berkeman
Apr8-14, 06:38 PM
Mentor
P: 40,639
Quote Quote by bitencrypt View Post
Hi

How would I calculate a series-parallel LC circuit for resonance? I added up all the μH and pF for the equation, would that be correct? The inductors are in parallel, and the capacitors in series.
Welcome to the PF.

Can you post a drawing of the circuit, along with whatever is driving it?

Inductors in parallel and capacitors in series do not add linearly...
vk6kro
Apr9-14, 10:32 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 4,016
You could look here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seri...allel_circuits

You will see that the total inductance of inductors in parallel is calculated by adding their reciprocals, and then taking the reciprocal of that, just like resistors.

The capacitance of capacitors in series is calculated the same way

bitencrypt
Apr9-14, 02:36 PM
P: 3
Series parallel LC tank circuit Resonant Frequency equation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlgvBepj3Xw

Here is the circuit. 1 element is 2 inductors and 2 capacitors, they are connected together

Register to reply