Recorders for Recording Lectures: Which is Best?

• Thread starter heman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lectures
In summary, there are various options for voice recorders in the market, but the recommended one for recording lectures is the iFP-880 from iriver, which has a 128MB capacity and can record up to 10 hours. It does not have a CD option, but saved files can be converted into a CD. Other options, such as the one from Olympus, may also be worth considering.
heman
which is the nice quallity of voice recorder available in the market,,so that ot can record voice at a quite favourablr distance well...like during lectures,,so on...
Is it favourable to use recorders to record lectures?
i actually want the one which can use cd and record large amount..

Physics news on Phys.org
For recording lectures, I use the voice recorder that came with my mp3 player. It has very good quality (but no cd as you can tell). But its also possible to make a cd out of the saved files.

The easy part is recording it, but then when you have to listen back to about 2 -3 hrs, it aint nice :)

iFP-880 from iriver. That 128MB gives approx. 10 hrs I believe.

has anyone tried this..
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1193

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are the key features to look for in a recorder for recording lectures?

Some important features to consider when looking for a recorder for recording lectures include: recording quality, battery life, storage capacity, ease of use, and portability. It's also helpful to look for a recorder with noise cancellation capabilities, a built-in microphone, and the ability to connect to a computer for easy file transfer.

2. Are digital or analog recorders better for recording lectures?

Digital recorders are generally better for recording lectures because they offer higher quality recordings, longer battery life, and more storage capacity. They also have features such as noise cancellation and the ability to transfer files to a computer, making them more convenient for educational purposes.

3. Can I use my smartphone as a recorder for lectures?

Yes, you can use your smartphone as a recorder for lectures, but it may not be the best option. Smartphones are designed for many purposes, so the recording quality may not be as high as a dedicated recorder. Additionally, using your phone for recording may drain its battery and take up storage space.

4. What is the difference between a built-in microphone and an external microphone for recording lectures?

A built-in microphone is integrated into the recorder, while an external microphone can be attached to the recorder. External microphones often offer better sound quality and can be positioned closer to the speaker for clearer recordings. However, built-in microphones can still produce good quality recordings and are more convenient for on-the-go use.

5. Are there any specific brands or models that are recommended for recording lectures?

Some popular and reliable brands for recording lectures include Sony, Olympus, and Zoom. Some recommended models include the Sony ICD-PX470, Olympus VN-541PC, and Zoom H1n. It's important to do your own research and consider your specific needs and budget when choosing a recorder.