Question for maths intensive people

• Thread starter tgt
  • Start date
In summary: Is he afraid us non-math-intensive people will skew the results in a different direction?I rarely eat chocolate: a few times a year maybe.It's just that I see many maths acadmics buying choclate or lollies from the machine. Wondering if it's common to for such behaviour as doing maths is intensive to the brain. Choclate probably helps in some way to relax the brain or even prepare it for intensive work. However the polls aren't suggesting it's essential.I voted five, but I only eat chocolate a few times a week. It's nice to have some sugar when you're stuck on a problem...Considering that our secretaries had a GIANT (about

How often do you eat chocolate per week?

Votes: 8 33.3%

Votes: 5 20.8%

Votes: 4 16.7%

Votes: 3 12.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 8.3%

• 7+

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
tgt
Such as students or teachers of maths, physics or computer science...

How often do you eat chocolate?

Physics news on Phys.org
tgt said:
How often do you eat chocolate?
Once. Once a day, once a week, once a month, once a year and once in a lifetime.

About once every 5 months.

About once a month.

Once.

Once a week, I sit down and eat chocolate for 6 1/2 days straight, then I spend 12 hours evaluating quasirandomly selected hypergeometric functions at integer abscissae.

Is he afraid us non-math-intensive people will skew the results in a different direction?

Ah ah, I know what you mean. I noticed those free chocolate cookies they give to make people come to the seminars. You are really asking how many seminars we attend per week.

Will there be another poll, for non-maths intensive people, just to see if the results are the same?

I rarely eat chocolate: a few times a year maybe.

Moonbear said:
Is he afraid us non-math-intensive people will skew the results in a different direction?

xfoo said:
Will there be another poll, for non-maths intensive people, just to see if the results are the same?

It's just that I see many maths acadmics buying choclate or lollies from the machine. Wondering if it's common to for such behaviour as doing maths is intensive to the brain. Choclate probably helps in some way to relax the brain or even prepare it for intensive work. However the polls aren't suggesting it's essential.

I voted five, but I only eat chocolate a few times a week. It's nice to have some sugar when you're stuck on a problem...

Considering that our secretaries had a GIANT (about 12" x 18" x 1/2" thick) candy bar getting slowly devoured in the main office all week, I don't think chocolate is something only mathematicians run to for a mid-afternoon boost.

What's chocolate? ;)

But honestly, I don't think mathematicians are the only ones who try to (or not to) get their chocolate fix every once in awhile.

I don't really eat chocolate all that often anymore, maybe once every two weeks when I used to eat once or twice a week in the past.

Unfortunately, chocolate like having a meal at KFC has diminishing effects.

tgt said:
Unfortunately, chocolate like having a meal at KFC has diminishing effects.
Hold on. Is not dark (85%+) chocolate a good aphrodisiac ?

after doing a lot of maths and problem-solving, a raisin' chocolate never fails me.

AhmedEzz said:
after doing a lot of maths and problem-solving, a raisin' chocolate never fails me.

I find that chocolate is more essential before doing mathematical things or after doing some unsuccessful maths. When you are doing successful maths, your brains produce their own stimulus which is much better then chocolate.

1. What is a "maths intensive" person?

A "maths intensive" person is someone who has a strong interest and proficiency in mathematics. They may have a degree or background in mathematics, or simply have a natural talent and passion for the subject.

2. Why should I ask a question specifically for "maths intensive" people?

Asking a question for "maths intensive" people allows you to get a more in-depth and detailed answer from individuals who have a deep understanding and expertise in mathematics. This can be especially helpful for complex or advanced mathematical concepts.

3. Can anyone answer a question for "maths intensive" people?

Technically, anyone can answer a question for "maths intensive" people. However, it is best to seek answers from those who have a background or expertise in mathematics to ensure the most accurate and reliable response.

4. What types of questions are appropriate for "maths intensive" people?

Questions for "maths intensive" people can range from basic mathematical concepts to more advanced and complex topics. These questions can cover a variety of subfields in mathematics, such as algebra, geometry, calculus, and statistics.

5. Where can I find "maths intensive" people to ask my question?

There are many online communities and forums dedicated to mathematics where you can find "maths intensive" people to answer your questions. You can also reach out to individuals in your personal network who have a background in mathematics or attend local math events and conferences to connect with experts in the field.