ANSYS Bending Moments Calculation

Based on your conversation, it seems that you are trying to calculate bending moment redistribution on continuous, steel fiber reinforced beams using ANSYS. You have tried using solid 65 and BEAM3 elements, but have encountered issues with the BM calculation. You have also reached out to ANSYS for help. In summary, for this type of problem, it is best to contact your ANSYS re-seller for assistance.
dsav
Dear All,

I have been trying to calculate the bending moment redistribution on continuous, steel fiber reinforced, beams.

The idea is simple, introducing to the ANSYS model elements, with lowered E-modulus, according always to the evolution of the cracking observed on the actual tests.

I tried initially with solid 65 and a 3-d model but this material is not compatible with the bending moment (BM) calculation by ANSYS.

I then created a model with BEAM3 element and obtained the BM diagram (Line element solution).

Here comes the tricky part: when i implement new elements with reduced e-modulus i get the same BM-graph. That is obviously not correct since my beam is a continuous supported beam and thus a moment redistribution must be noticed. (Of course I updated my element table after the 'solve>current LS').

What can I do? How can I make it work?

The best,

DSav

Engineering news on Phys.org
For that type of problem, you should contact your ANSYS re-sellers help desk. Make sure you have your customer ID number.

Thanks
Matt

Thanks Matt!

I did. But I thought it was a problem that many more would have dealt with.

DSav

1. What is ANSYS Bending Moments Calculation?

ANSYS Bending Moments Calculation is a tool used in structural analysis to determine the bending moments and stresses in a structure under various loading conditions.

2. How does ANSYS calculate bending moments?

ANSYS uses the finite element method to calculate bending moments. This method breaks down the structure into smaller elements and calculates the stresses and forces in each element. These results are then combined to determine the bending moments in the structure.

3. What types of structures can ANSYS calculate bending moments for?

ANSYS can calculate bending moments for a wide range of structures, including beams, frames, trusses, and shells. It can also analyze structures made of different materials, such as steel, concrete, and composite materials.

4. How accurate are the results from ANSYS Bending Moments Calculation?

The accuracy of the results from ANSYS Bending Moments Calculation depends on several factors, including the complexity of the structure, the quality of the mesh, and the accuracy of the input data. In general, ANSYS is known for producing highly accurate results.

5. Can ANSYS Bending Moments Calculation be used for real-life applications?

Yes, ANSYS Bending Moments Calculation is often used in real-life applications, such as designing buildings, bridges, and other structures. It is a widely used and trusted tool in the engineering industry for its accuracy and reliability.